The A--- C--- song about the Melvins

Started by Leroy, February 17, 2009, 04:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leroy

There is a song by A*** C*** (I dont want to spell out their real name because I'm at work) called "When I think of True Punk Rock Bands, I think of Nirvana and the Melvins."  Is this song honoring Nirvana and the Melvins, or is the song title just meant to be sarcastic?

Rev. Mike

Anal Cunt were dead serious at all times.

therizz

when i think of bands no one ever took seriously, i think anal cunt.

jaymz

Are they still going or have they finally given up?

norecess

Quote from: jaymz on February 18, 2009, 03:51:15 AM

No they're still going, a friend of mine is hoping to see them in a few months in Moscow. Somehow, that's the only place they seem to play when they're in Europe. Other than that, I believe Seth played bass for Upsidedown Cross during the shows they recently did.

TGH

Quote from: jaymz on February 18, 2009, 03:51:15 AM

Just saw them live a couple of years ago. Seth Putnam came out too drunk to stand, and played for about twenty minutes. It was awesome. After about ten songs in, they were done with their setlist, and we're going to leave. But everytime someone requested a song, Seth would make the band play it (even if they didn't know how, which made me realize Anal Cunt actually has to practice what they do).
This isn't a time for lectures!

anaconda

the Morbid Florist CD is actually pretty legit sounding. Look for it.

TGH

Quote from: anaconda on February 18, 2009, 11:24:54 PM
the Morbid Florist CD is actually pretty legit sounding. Look for it.

That's the only major release of theirs I don't have. They're Earache stuff is pretty musical (as musical as Anal Cunt can get). too.
This isn't a time for lectures!

Dumpster D

A girl I once randomy picked up at a bus stop told me she thought Seth had the "hottest" voice ever..

I totally think she was on to something, then again..I'm totally butt-fucking gay for saying so.

it's the first time I've ever been scared off by a chick..um...no wait...theres some REAL fucking Creepy chicks out there with a capital C, (C for Creepy..not chick)

GrimReaper

Here's what we talked about in 2006 when we covered this topic:

http://www.themelvins.net/forum/index.php?topic=7261.0

Funny as hell.