Crackpot Theory about the Trilogy

Started by EGO the Living Planet, January 31, 2009, 10:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGO the Living Planet

The Maggot - a bug that lives in garbage,  but also an insult one might throw at someone from (or perceived to be from) a low station in life, like a member of an unheard of band on an independent label.

The Bootlicker - a suck-up or ass-kisser. An insult someone might throw at a major label recording artist.

The Crybaby - an insult someone might throw at someone who committed suicide.

Do the titles of the trilogy refer to Cobain?

discuss

anaconda

The Maggot - Lukin (fed off the talent of Dale and Buzz while in the group, but contributed little)
The Bootlicker - Joe Preston (was their ultimate grovelling fan, even started a fanzine about them before he joined)
The Crybaby -  Mark Deutrom (went around giving simpering interviews complaining after he was kicked out)

dead mike

Quote from: EGO the Living Planet on January 31, 2009, 10:21:36 PM

The Maggot - a bug that lives in garbage,  but also an insult one might throw at someone from (or perceived to be from) a low station in life, like a member of an unheard of band on an independent label.

The Bootlicker - a suck-up or ass-kisser. An insult someone might throw at a major label recording artist.

The Crybaby - an insult someone might throw at someone who committed suicide.

Do the titles of the trilogy refer to Cobain?

discuss
Very interesting. It might explain why they covered "Teen Spirit" on the Crybaby.

But if this were true, does this lend significance to Colossus of Destiny -- which I understand was originally intended to be the third installment of the trilogy (unless I'm wrong about that)?

Colossus - Something big, as in a rock star.
Destiny - An inevitability, as in a rock star who, overwhelmed by his own fame and haunted by his drug addiction, commits suicide.

Getting back to reality ... I don't think Buzz and Dale were so inspired by Cobain that they recorded three to four albums' worth of material.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Uncle Fester

bootlicker, maggot, crybaby
these are things you hear from your seargant in bootcamp...
buzz is a war buff so maybe this is a logical explanation? just a guess.

JJ

Uncle Fester

agreed... it does make the most sense.

norecess

Quote from: anaconda on January 31, 2009, 10:27:12 PM
The Maggot - Lukin (fed off the talent of Dale and Buzz while in the group, but contributed little)

But hands down for Lukin for being able to keep up with those two punks on steroids.

Ministry Fiend

Quote from: norecess on February 02, 2009, 03:20:25 AM
Quote from: anaconda on January 31, 2009, 10:27:12 PM

But hands down for Lukin for being able to keep up with those two punks on steroids.

I knew Buzzo didn't get that hair naturally and I knew no one could hit drums that hard without some sort of steroid.

dijk cheese

in certain circles maggot means to get hopelessly drunk or to get hopelessly drunk
"lets get maggot"
"man, i was maggot last night. where did all these bruises come from, how come all the furnitures smashed  up"
"your girlfreind is always maggoted, whats up with that?"

maybe the album was named from a premonition of a situation with kev
and thats why its such a ferocious album because it was named after a future incident with kev rutmanis while involving kev rutmanis

i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

ManWithNoName

Melvins are so awesome they can see into the future!

anaconda

Lukin was always maggoted. Buzz has said he was a drunk

(the) Razor

Quote from: uncle fester on February 01, 2009, 01:27:58 PM
bootlicker, maggot, crybaby
these are things you hear from your seargant in bootcamp...
buzz is a war buff so maybe this is a logical explanation? just a guess.

Makes the most sense to me, isn't there swastikas one one of these too? I forgot which one.
Don't click this

Buick GN

Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 02, 2009, 07:46:15 AM
Buzz and Dale are THE past, present, and future!

the ether bunny

Quote from: Buick on February 02, 2009, 10:02:36 PM
Quote from: ManWithNoName on February 02, 2009, 07:46:15 AM
Buzz and Dale are THE past, present, and future!

i think there was a quote on the back of the "salad? DVD from kurt and dave grohl. it said something to the respect of "melvins are the past present and future of rock n roll."

youre just taking it a step further. eerie.
he was a mongoloid.

(the) Razor

I wonder if Grohl gives two shits about the Melvins these days.
Don't click this