The Melvins You Missed Out On!?

Started by Captain CoryCory, May 22, 2009, 11:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

turnacus

I think I've heard most everything.

I might not have delved into Honky as much as I could.

I love their one-offs and weird shit.
Van Hagar

Stonergrunge

I haven't listened to:

Honky  :(
Singles 1-12  :(
the solo albums (King Buzzo, Dale Crover, Joe Preston)
The Crybaby
Mangled Demos From 1983
Millennium Monsterwork 2000 (The Fant
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Buick GN

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on May 22, 2009, 11:22:37 AM
Kind of pointless since there's at least a few people who've heard all of it, but what Melvins albums/7-inches/releases have you yet to hear?

For me....

Ozma

Dude, WTF!

Get your ass in gear.

liamlw

Quote from: black stallion on May 23, 2009, 01:06:34 PM
Quote from: SpaceFarm on May 23, 2009, 08:27:14 AM
There's a video on Youtube with Adam Jones using a slide on Ballad of Dwight Fry, I was thinking how much it improved that song.
in my opinion 0%.why Adam Jones decided to play a slide guitar on a great song where the slide guitar usually doesn't exist? :?
what the... the slide makes it incredible.
why not make a song your own?!?!
i've heard most of the melvins catalogue apart from the really really rare stuff(that i cant even find it online yet to dl).

seas of luck

Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 23, 2009, 06:48:52 PM
I haven't listened to:

Honky  :(
Singles 1-12  :(
the solo albums (King Buzzo, Dale Crover, Joe Preston)
The Crybaby
Mangled Demos From 1983
Millennium Monsterwork 2000 (The Fant

Idlehanz

The only shows I've missed in 17 years were around 01-02.  It was a bad time in my personal life.  I'm making up for it now.

oldstoner

I have about 15 of their records, but not the more recent stuff. I have yet to hear Senile Animal, Hostile Ambient Takeover and the new one. Which one's best of the three? Some of my faves are Bullhead, 10 Songs, Eggnog, Stag, Stoner Witch and the solo albums. And of course Ozma/GPT. Didn't at all care for Lysol or much of Honky.

seas of luck

Quote from: oldstoner on May 24, 2009, 04:16:25 PM
I have about 15 of their records, but not the more recent stuff. I have yet to hear Senile Animal, Hostile Ambient Takeover and the new one. Which one's best of the three? Some of my faves are Bullhead, 10 Songs, Eggnog, Stag, Stoner Witch and the solo albums. And of course Ozma/GPT. Didn't at all care for Lysol or much of Honky.

Honestly that's a tough call because those 3 albums are among my favorite Melvins albums but I'd say:

1. Hostile Ambient Takeover
2. Nude With Boots
3. A Senile Animal

Also, give Lysol another chance.  Try skipping to the 10min mark if you have to.

hagus667

Never heard:

Alive at the Fucker Club (well, I've heard snippets, and it sounds horrible)
26 Songs
Joe Preston
lots of the singles
many of the other live releases (not really that into live recordings, unless they are somehow stellar)

"I don't think I should be playing with these medium strings. I need light gauge if I'm gonna thrash!"

I am the Sun

I just recently listened to the Dale Crover EP for the first time a couple days ago. I haven't heard a lot of the rare 7 inches and singles, and that's about it.

Stonergrunge

Quote from: seas of luck on May 24, 2009, 03:13:06 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 23, 2009, 06:48:52 PM
I haven't listened to:

Honky  :(
Singles 1-12  :(
the solo albums (King Buzzo, Dale Crover, Joe Preston)
The Crybaby
Mangled Demos From 1983
Millennium Monsterwork 2000 (The Fant
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

dijk cheese

i think sieg heil is the only album i havnt heard
no singles except for i like porn.
went out of my way for that one cause i had a twitch that i needed a theme song.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

seas of luck

Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 24, 2009, 06:20:14 PM
Quote from: seas of luck on May 24, 2009, 03:13:06 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on May 23, 2009, 06:48:52 PM
I haven't listened to:

Honky  :(
Singles 1-12  :(
the solo albums (King Buzzo, Dale Crover, Joe Preston)
The Crybaby
Mangled Demos From 1983
Millennium Monsterwork 2000 (The Fant

turnacus

I mean, if an album is out of print, I see no worries in downloading that janks.
Van Hagar

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards