Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Dumpster D

glen

its the original tape MASTER of LYSOL.

GA GA!!
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Dumpster D

OH MY FUCK!!!

hey is that a 16 track reel?

coooooooooOOOOOoooooooooool!!!

I want to say I smell a RE-Releaser coming up!!!

I want to see the vocal tracks on this tape!

man it would be fun to mix that! I'd probly blow some expensive speakers though.

plus Dale Rains on those Cymbals like no tommorow.

Dumpster D

remaster? naw, a simple Re-release will suffice.

you get what you pay for. generally speaking, I guess who cares, but...

naw, They'll compress the SHIT outta it, It won't work.

honestly read about the "loudness war"

and tell me you're willing to put up with something that is going analog to Digital mastering now a days.

It's not the same to me. did you know if a record was pressed too loud in spots the needle would ACTUALLY skip out of the grooves?

LISTEN to how quiet Bullhead is on CD compared to anything new like shrinebuilder for example.

they'll try to make it louder, you got a volume knob doncha? it was recorded one way, with one set of ears. hopefully someone can do some engineering magic. but it's never the same, not even going to get pressed at the same place and yadda yadda, ok, bottom line, go for it and I will still buy It pretty much, I will have to compare it to the original cassette mastering and LP mastering and original CD mastering.

ah-I'm going off the bridge.

you can't win, everything mastered through digital now.

it's such a terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible shame.

Digital, booooo!!!

Long live ANALOG!

jonE5

For Real!!...

Don't Re-Master.. Just Re-Release!

Vinyl Only Please!

..And Thank You

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

glen

I don't know any facts but I do think it was a little strange that this pic surfaced myself. 
:shock:
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Faust

:D

[attachment deleted by admin]

black stallion

Angus Khan

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 19, 2012, 09:13:40 AM

and tell me you're willing to put up with something that is going analog to Digital mastering now a days.

It's not the same to me. did you know if a record was pressed too loud in spots the needle would ACTUALLY skip out of the grooves?

LISTEN to how quiet Bullhead is on CD compared to anything new like shrinebuilder for example.

they'll try to make it louder, you got a volume knob doncha? it was recorded one way, with one set of ears. hopefully someone can do some engineering magic. but it's never the same, not even going to get pressed at the same place and yadda yadda, ok, bottom line, go for it and I will still buy It pretty much, I will have to compare it to the original cassette mastering and LP mastering and original CD mastering.

Digital, booooo!!!

Long live ANALOG!
I love your posts.  They're so detailed.  Are you like this in real life when you talk?
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

Lurch

these were the daaaaaaaaaays

black stallion

hey dude,you want to get banned again?  :P

Lurch

those were the days, again.

Dumpster D

Quote from: Angus Khan on March 23, 2012, 07:24:47 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on March 19, 2012, 09:13:40 AM

Digital, booooo!!!

Long live ANALOG!
I love your posts.  They're so detailed.  Are you like this in real life when you talk?

WAY worse, but at least I'm very pleasant and enthusiastic.

I had a long chat with the nice lady owner of the LAST remaining SAM's in all the world yesterday. (the belleville mall)

about 180 gram vinyl.

guys always always negate to listen to me when I talk about record "quality" The sneaky catch about 180 vinyl is people are ALWAYS trying to convince me it's better "sound" quality...

I think the 180 gram reffers only to the actually quality of the "PRESSING" of said vinyl.

NOT the manner in which it was actually Mastered and mixed down for the particular medium.

I've had guys get so pissy about this, but no one knows what the fuck they are talking about.

I think a 180 gram record has thicker deeper grooves potentially making the record more durable and able to withstand frequent needle drops.

however, when in the case of NEW re-releases on 180 gram, Example "we sold our souls for rock and roll"

I still beg to ask the question, on the NEW 180 gram pressing...THis had to go from the Original Tape track, mastered back through SOme digital processing, THEN back on to the analog media..making it not true to the Original press-mastering-mix itself. all of the equiptment used today was also not of the same caliber, I'm very arbitrary yes, but I think that it makes a diffrence.

Re-mastering is always sold as a "new and improved" type deal.

regarldess I can't afford the high cost of vinyl, I pretty much stick to tape and 8 tracks, because it's what I can afford.

the point was, the Lady I had a talk with was very pleasant and agreeable, and the first person who really seemed to respond to me all day, despite the fact I smelled and looked TERRIBLE!

I stopped shaving months ago. I look like 170 pounds of walking hell.

I don't think it matters, I had a revalation, I never noticed just HOW Decayed and run-down Belleville is before...oxycodone central, AND a 'Rippers!

CD (seedy) town.