August 25, 2009 - Oklahoma City, OK @ The Conservatory

Started by Doody the Clown, August 25, 2009, 11:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doody the Clown

This was my first Melvins show, and what better way to start it all than with a full Evening with the Melvins.  Apparently Down dropped out so the Melvins played two sets, with an intermission in between where Buzz quizzed us about Oklahoma (and how much it sucks), took questions, told stories about Leif Garret and his cocaine habit, and offered various audience members heroin.

Can't remember the setlist, but they played a few favorites (Oven, Let God Be Your Gardener, Hooch, The Bit) so I am completely satisfied.

Pics are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/klownboy/sets/72157622021916675/

And I have a video of Hooch going up.  The audio isn't that great but it actually turned out better than I expected, considering how bad my camera is and how fucking loud the Melvins are.

The video is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAH7DoGJupc

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

>>>JZS<<<

Doody the Clown

Quote from: kingnimrod on August 26, 2009, 08:41:11 AM
Did the guys from DEBRIS show up to see the show?

I don't think so.  Buzzo was talking about bands from Oklahoma and Debris came up, but I'm sure if they were there they'd have talked to Buzzo and he'd mention one of them being there.

He also told a story about them playing with The Flaming Lips in Seattle in the early 80s.  Supposedly Dale was too young to get in at the time so he had to stay in the van, but at least his mom let him come.  Apparently only a few people showed up, but they played and Buzz said he had a good time and enjoyed it.  Then, he met the band over a decade later while playing at a festival.  He talked to Wayne Coyne and mentioned the show they played together saying "It was a good show."  Wayne Coyne looked at him with a blank stare on his face and just said "No it wasn't."

glen

is it me or is buzz seeming exceptionally sassy this tour?
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Doody the Clown

I haven't seen too many recorded shows where he's talked, so it was a pleasant surprise for him to stay on stage during the intermission and talk for a good 20 minutes.

Also notable is that they played into the intermission with Dies Iraea and picked it right back up after they all got back on stage.  Buzz also made everybody act like they had just come back and applaud instead of acknowledge they'd been on stage the whole time. :D

edit: There was also a few minutes where they weren't aware that Buzz was staying on stage, so they were playing music and had the mic cut while he stood there waving his arms and yelling for them to turn the mic back on.

Jozzy

Quote from: glen on August 26, 2009, 06:12:02 PM

Sure seems like it. The past few shows that I've seen he has rarely said a thing between songs.

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: Jozzy on August 27, 2009, 10:36:46 AM

Sure seems like it. The past few shows that I've seen he has rarely said a thing between songs.

I'd be happy too if my band was still standing strong after 25 years...and vital as they have ever been.

Uncle Danny

Sure sounds like it.  If so, it'll be a welcome change.  If I have one complaint about the Melvins shows I've been to (granted, not a ton compared to most of you, but four or five, I'd guess), it's been the lack of banter and character (Jared aside) between songs.  Buzz has typically said next to nothing throughout.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: U3x Danny on August 27, 2009, 12:07:23 PM

Sure sounds like it.  If so, it'll be a welcome change.  If I have one complaint about the Melvins shows I've been to (granted, not a ton compared to most of you, but four or five, I'd guess), it's been the lack of banter and character (Jared aside) between songs.  Buzz has typically said next to nothing throughout.
Buzz is usually too shy shy?

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

>>>JZS<<<

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 27, 2009, 12:14:46 PM

hush hush.

Uncle Danny

Quote from: >>>JZS<<< on August 27, 2009, 12:17:11 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 27, 2009, 12:14:46 PM

hush hush.

Eye to eye.

bUTTHOLEmAN

kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol: