reasons for Melvins' bass players being fired

Started by PrickHonky, August 29, 2009, 12:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrickHonky

The only one I know of is that I believe Lorax got fired for being a junkie. just curious as to the reasons the rest have been fired.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

black stallion

here's my opinion

Deutrom---too talented and intrusive
Kevin----see Lori
Joe----too lazy
Lukin---didn't know how to play bass
Jared (.........) i will put the reason as soon as they'll fire him
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

liamlw

have any of these players commented on their time with the melvins/why they were fired/left?

Captain CoryCory

Mark D has. There was an interview somewhere. He talked about how Buzz and Lori went to rehab together and a lot of stuff. Pretty safe to say Joe's commented on it too as well somewhere.

But yeah, reasons they got fired?  I dunno, but I can guess em'.

Matt - Lack of carpentry skills/subpar bassist.
Lorax - I figured it's because they broke up.
Joe - Whiny Bitch.
Lorax (Again) - Junkie?
Deutrom - Supposedly trying to give the Melvins a mainstream sound. Never mind he was on Honky, Stag, and Prick.
Homeless Heroin Addict - Dissapeared/drug abuse.

Green Honey

Kevin Rutmanis - Played bass without a plectrum once.

Juan

They all weren't bonkers enough and didn't like Hip Hop so Buzzo & Dale gave them the boot.

FartLips

Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

(the) Razor

Don't click this

Juan

Homeless kick-ass bass players rule. I imagine he'd be a superb busker.

Uncle Fester

the melvins need another female bass player!

DC

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
But ill take:

bonus if you guess the first pic without lookin'

dead mike

Here is the definitive list of reasons:

Matt - Replaced Cliff Burton in Metallica.
Lori - Things were never the same after she and Buzz were featured on an episode of COPS, and the band decided her departure was in everyone's best interest.
Joe - Left music to focus on his career in fanzines.
Mark - Moved to Britain after marrying filmmaker Guy Ritchie.
Kevin - Didn't have the teen-idol look that drives up record sales and, moreover and in Buzz's words, "brings the bitches to the shows like flies to honey."
Trevor - ???
Jared - Kept bogarting Buzz's Bagel-Bites.

Prediction: The next melvins lineup will be this:
Coady - drums
Dale - guitar
Jared - bass
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

Like Stee

Matt wasn't fired like the others.  He stupidly left the band to join Mudhoney.  Fail!  That's when Buzz and Dale moved to San Fran from Aberdeen and I'm assuming found Lorax there.  I always assumed she and Buzz broke up and that was the reason for her departure, but don't know.  I've read Buzz' comments about Joe in the past and it was something to the effect of "we did the solo albums and he wouldn't/didn't take his shit seriously and slacked off."  Mark D, again I remember reading somewhere Buzz saying that after Honkey he was ready to break the band up 'cause he was so sick of what he was doing, then he realized he wasn't sick of what he was doing, just sick of doing it with Mark D.  He got the boot.  Kevin was a junkie and the best bass player the band ever had (if you don't count Trevor).  Trevor's never been a band member, just a hired gun like DSS.  Buzz commented at one point that he thinks the current lineups are the best ever and that he'd like to continue to play with the quartet as well as continuing to do one-off shows and live albums with Trevor as a trio.  They did some Lysol + Eggnog shows a while back, here's hoping they do a live album of those like they did with Houdini.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas