Mangled Demos from 1983

Started by cooter, August 12, 2003, 09:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Tired

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, sort of like the act of being Musined.

Dr Geek

Quote from: lord of heavinessgranted, i CAN hear bass, but not as much as i could, or would prefer.
what with so many tracks of guitar covering him up, he could have used to be brought up a bit level-wise.

The only time I ever hear the bass on GPT is when the guitar drops out, however on Mangled Demos and 10 Songs there's a whole ton of bass coming through.

Leroy

Mangled Demos didn't sound all that bad considering how old it is and the circumstances that it was recorded.  It sounded better than Venom's old album "Black Metal".

Reverend Ebeneezer

Quote from: LeroyMangled Demos didn't sound all that bad considering how old it is and the circumstances that it was recorded.  It sounded better than Venom's old album "Black Metal".

Heh. Poor old Venom...couldn't play and sounded like shit. But what a great band...still, as for me slagging them off, Cronos could still probably outplay me but what the fuck.
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

Leroy

the engineer at the studio Venom used must have been half retarded to record and mix that album so poorly.  i only heard parts of "Black Metal" but it sounds like they used a fisher price mic to record the drums and the engineer had no idea how to mic distorted guitars.  maybe they spent the advance (if there was one) on angel dust instead of investing in decent recording time.  i don't know.

lord of heaviness

i must say i was pretty damn impressed with the sound of mangled demos.
especially considering that this was recorded in 1983.
What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?

Leroy

yeah the sound quality was much better than the bootleg mangled demos mp3's that were on the internet a few years ago

noisereductions

Just curious how come the Ipecac album MANGLED DEMOS FROM 1983 isn't listed in themelvins.net discography? I mean, HOUDINI LIVE 2005 is listed, so I know it's been updated.

anaconda

noisereductions

Yeah, I saw that bootleg one. But isn't the tracklisting different on the Ipecac one? I'm not sure. I don't have it yet.

(PAUL)

Yes it is. Some of the tracks are the same but have different names, and some have symbols instead of names on the ipecac release.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

brian

I keep forgetting about doing it, it'll be there some  day

Mad Arab

peopleperson

Forgive me if there's already a dedicated thread for this, but this double 10" is fucking great.

I always thought Dr. Geek was a HUGE homage to the mighty Bad Brains, but I never realized how much our boys sounded like them at one point.  Okay...at least Buzz.  There was no Dale at this point.

Mad Arab

Frequent listens lately. Loving this version of Snake Appeal. Bang My Head/Matt-Alec is an awesome song.

"That's what I said Puuunkk Roooccckk."