Huffing Niether Here Nor There

Started by DubEMC, April 29, 2004, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DubEMC

So I got the book this week which is dyno awesome! Here's the cool thing I noticed...when I'm thumbing through the pages I get like a contact high....the book smells like a freshly painted room! Anyone else notice this? Maybe it's paperback only or maybe it's just me.[/img]

DubEMC

Oops, looks like I messed up the format. Guess I should stop reading.

anaconda

rimb

Definitely noticed that same smell on the hardback version as well.

TosT

Yeah, i have a bad sense of smell, but i was showing it to my girlfriend... opened it up and she just reeled back, hahah

doug f.

i think they used soybean paper.  or it smells like it anyways

The Chalupa

turnacuss

Quote from: rimb_38Definitely noticed that same smell on the hardback version as well.

Spoiled bastard

Kuma

i dont know about a contact high but it definatly has a certain smell to it

flyinghouses

i remember thinking the same thing, that it smelled like fresh paint. Its just the manufacturing though
.  :D
(.)(.)

/(())\

TOOL

Yeah, I have the hardback version and it definately smells like paint.  It's probably the ink.

Nobody has ever mentioned the quality of the paper though.  It's very thick, strong, kind of like card stock if you're familar with that.  There are times I open it just to admire the paper.  No, it's not a fetish, I just really admire their choice of paper.  It makes the book all that more impressive!

I wish I could same the same for the cover & binding.  I worry that it will start to fall apart if I look at it too often.

Is anybody able to compare the quality of the hardback with the paperback?  I guess you'd need to either have both versions of the book or know someone with the version you don't have and look at them side by side.

I'll tell you though, $60, at the show, almost killed me.
There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened.  But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.

flyinghouses

i have the paperback and my idiot friends who were looking at it werent carefull enough with the cover so the binding started to come undone, i had to glue it twice
.  :D
(.)(.)

/(())\