The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the baron

Quote from: MrLuck87 on May 06, 2010, 09:08:42 PMAND DOG ISLAND MAN!!  Dog freakin Island!  It's heavy, slow, and one of their best songs!

Good god  yes, fucking stunning live.

I  think I'm liking Electric Flower the most at the moment on the new album, really dig the whole 'Don't look down...' part. Also, is that 'My Sharona' at the end of I'll Finish You Off??  :lol:

PrickHonky

I successfully downloaded The Bride Screamed Murder(sorry guys I couldn't wait), and it is everything I was hoping the new album would be. Since downloading it yesterday, I have listened to it 10 times and will probably listen to it another 20 or so over the weekend. While I love ASA and NWB; BSM blew off the top of my skull. It is weird, and experimental just like a great Melvins album should be. In my opinion it is the best thing they have done since H.A.T.,even better than POTRE which I thought was amazing.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

dontyoutellme

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 06, 2010, 09:05:46 PM
I don't really hear Bullhead..style wise you can tell the four piece from other incarnations..but bullhead, I don't hear yet.

i could be crazy. get the medic.
gamble gamble gamble DIE.

dontyoutellme

best since h.a.t. - that's a really bold statement i can get behind.
gamble gamble gamble DIE.

FartLips

i've grown tired of the marching band.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Like Stee

Quote from: PrickHonky on May 06, 2010, 10:52:23 PMbest thing they have done since H.A.T.,even better than POTRE
No way.  POTRE is one of the greats.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

norecess

Quote from: ManWithNoName on May 06, 2010, 05:36:22 PM
At the same time, though, isn't it kind of ironic that so many people here went ape shit over Here Come the Waterworks, rightly so, only to turn on BB once they were usurped by the Melvins.  :-k

i like chocolate and i like cheese, but not the combination of it. i do love big biz on its own, maybe with the exception f their last album.

Quote from: Like Stee on May 06, 2010, 05:25:39 PM
I have to say, I agree with norecess and others... to an extent.  I felt that BB had ruined the Melvins in the past, and I'm still not enamored with ASA and NWB.  But this album really is the best thing they've done with BB so far, and a vast improvement over the last two.

it does seem better than NWB, which was already better than (A)SA, but for a MELVINS album i use different standards.

Quote from: Like Stee on May 06, 2010, 05:25:39 PM
It's the best album since Pigs, which is to say, not as good as Pigs.

POTRE, the pig skin/starve already EP and the stuff with Haze XXL are among my favorite things they've done the past few years (see a connection there?). POTRE was the last new melvins album that really made me want to listen to it over and over again.

but please don't call me a hater -- that's such a big word.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Didn't you see the cameron jamie show in london?  If you love POTRE, your head would have exploded at that show.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

h3r3t!c

Who's singing on "Inhumanity and Death"?
It's not Buzz and not Jared fo sho... sounds like Dale, but I'm not really sure.

black stallion

Quote from: h3r3t!c on May 07, 2010, 03:27:24 AM
Who's singing on "Inhumanity and Death"?
It's not Buzz and not Jared fo sho... sounds like Dale, but I'm not really sure.
it's Dale

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

norecess

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 07, 2010, 01:57:43 AM
Didn't you see the cameron jamie show in london?  If you love POTRE, your head would have exploded at that show.

no, but i saw it in rotterdam in 2008 i think, twice even, as part of the international film festival rotterdam.

the first night they did lysol, potre, and something else. the second night they were joined by keiji haino -- i loved it but jared seemed clueless at times :D

Shatz

Quote from: dr.ghira on May 06, 2010, 02:15:25 PM
King Buzzo should use his Les Pauls again, this blech-guitar sounds weak!

I hate that sound too, live and on record.
But he is deaf in the lower registers, so there's no way switching back to a bassy guitar tone.
Solution: Melvins need a new guitar player.
Kick Buzzo out now!!!
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.

(the) Razor

Quote from: ManWithNoName on May 06, 2010, 05:36:22 PM

IMO, the fact that Kevin was held in such high regard as the bassist par excellence for the Melvins has a lot to do with some people not being all that into the Melvins/BB.

Yeah, Bass is arguably one of the most important parts to the Melvins. The band is very different throughout each era of bassist and it's quite easy to break it up that way, so it's not surprising a lot of people don't like Melvins with BB because there is obviously a huge influence on the band because of it. I don't mind it to be honest, just glad they're still going.  :P

By the way who was the longest bassist? Kevin? What was that? 7 years? BB has already been with them for 4 or 5!
Don't click this

black stallion

Buzz is too happy with BB guys to change,it's pretty clear this is going to be the definitive line up
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(the) Razor

Yeah, all I'm saying is history can repeat itself. I got no problems, except with the ending to I'll Finish You Off....WTF? They were onto an awesome sound first verse.

Don't click this