The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Quote from: anaconda on March 11, 2010, 12:03:07 PM
Start a checklist:

Let Me Roll It is on there - 3 min. pop song? Check!
Dale will do something like Flush again - Ambient? Check!

:o

damn conda,every time you post i know something big happens
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

ManWithNoName

40 minutes of pure digital silence.

glen

Quote from: rictus on March 11, 2010, 11:19:26 AM
It will have 30-40 tracks, each roughly 1 minute long.

this is the MELVINS message board.  not the NAPALM DEATH message board.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Like Stee

I think it's safe at this point to assume this is the official album cover:

https://twitter.com/coadydrums
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

anaconda

What? You didn't believe the 'conda? Sheesh!

(the) Razor

Well usually it appears on Ipecac first.

http://www.ipecac.com/promo/

But yes we believe you!
Don't click this

the bloat

QuoteI think it's safe at this point to assume this is the official album cover:

https://twitter.com/coadydrums

crap.

Mad Arab

It's about the music for me. They could just put out a CD without artwork and I would be happy. But what matters is that THEY like the artwork. And thats just the front cover. It could be have some other cool stuff within.

I'm just happy that they are covering "Let Me Roll It". I have listened to that live cover many times.    

molotov

The cover of the new one is fucking shit.

Melvins cover art was fucking awesome until the POTRE.

Houdini's cover - isn't it fine? The Trilogy's style is just something awesome - nice lovely flowers on the covers. Man, your mom loves it! And your mom probably doesn't love what's hiding behind the cover.

They had their own style now it's like fucking stuff of a fucking teenager who met the photoshop a few months ago and he's trying to make something weird.

Don't say the covers are unimportant because we love not only the Melvins music - we love the Melvins style.

That's all, fanboys.

MrLuck87

Quote from: molotov on March 12, 2010, 12:05:52 AM
The cover of the new one is fucking shit.

Melvins cover art was fucking awesome until the POTRE.

Houdini's cover - isn't it fine? The Trilogy's style is just something awesome - nice lovely flowers on the covers. Man, your mom loves it! And your mom probably doesn't love what's hiding behind the cover.

They had their own style now it's like fucking stuff of a fucking teenager who met the photoshop a few months ago and he's trying to make something weird.

Don't say the covers are unimportant because we love not only the Melvins music - we love the Melvins style.

That's all, fanboys.

I really liked POTRE, NWB, and Houdini Live.  ASA was okay but I thought the scuba guy was out of place.  This new album cover I feel completely indifferent about.  I don't like it or hate it, it's just there.

molotov

Quote from: MrLuck87 on March 12, 2010, 01:27:42 AM
I really liked POTRE, NWB, and Houdini Live.  ASA was okay but I thought the scuba guy was out of place.  This new album cover I feel completely indifferent about.  I don't like it or hate it, it's just there.
What? POTRE's cover is a schlock. It's like 95% of the indie albums covers - it seems like it has a concept but it only seems. Even the simple white cover would be better than white cover with a smeared bloody shit on the right border.
Houdini Live is not bad, yeah.
ASA & NWB are bad.

(the) Razor

I dunno, Queens of the Stone Age seem to make the poorest of choices when going for album covers.
Don't click this

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: Razor on March 12, 2010, 03:11:53 AM
Queens of the Stone Age seem to make the poorest of choices when going for album covers.

I agree. I also think Queens of the Stone Age seem to make the poorest of choices when going for music too.

I think the new cover is interesting?

black stallion

Quote from: Akram75 on March 12, 2010, 08:49:52 AM
Quote from: Razor on March 12, 2010, 03:11:53 AM
Queens of the Stone Age seem to make the poorest of choices when going for album covers.

I agree. I also think Queens of the Stone Age seem to make the poorest of choices when going for music too.

covers better than music?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

anaconda

wow, this is what it's all come do? bashing the cover art? as we all know, art is
very subjective - some people's tastes do not mirror others. what one considers
a masterpiece, another considers a piece of garbage. since it's all about personal
taste, both are right. it's like comparing an El Greco to a Jean Dubuffet. Both are
great in their own way, and both made valid statements and works as great painters.