The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkyslim

Quote from: (((O))) on March 12, 2010, 04:26:12 PM
Quote from: anaconda on March 12, 2010, 04:12:13 PM
No confirmation but a hint dropped by cantona as to a cover being on there that was
recently played in the live set. that could mean either 'let me roll it' or 'mr. dna'
Mr Dna??? That one must have passed me by.

D E V O  8)

Mad Arab

Quote from: molotov on March 12, 2010, 12:05:52 AM
The cover of the new one is fucking shit.

Melvins cover art was fucking awesome until the POTRE.

Houdini's cover - isn't it fine? The Trilogy's style is just something awesome - nice lovely flowers on the covers. Man, your mom loves it! And your mom probably doesn't love what's hiding behind the cover.

They had their own style now it's like fucking stuff of a fucking teenager who met the photoshop a few months ago and he's trying to make something weird.

Don't say the covers are unimportant because we love not only the Melvins music - we love the Melvins style.

That's all, fanboys.

If it's about the music for me, then that is what it is about. Melvins style??? Is that some sort of boutique line of fashion and lifestyle? Did you buy the Nikes?

danimal

Quote from: (((O))) on March 12, 2010, 04:27:28 PM
Quote from: danimal on March 12, 2010, 04:24:59 PM
No confirmation but a hint dropped by cantona as to a cover being on there that was
recently played in the live set. that could mean either 'let me roll it' or 'mr. dna'

it could also mean ballad of dwight fry
Well since that's on Lysol i'd guess not.  :lol:

maybe going blind

MrLuck87

Quote from: (((O))) on March 12, 2010, 04:26:12 PM
Mr Dna??? That one must have passed me by.

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsyfNmtQY0

danimal

I would much rather have mr dna than roll it

anaconda

shit! i just realized this could also mean My Generation as well...
so add that to Mr DNA  and Let me Roll It as the potential cover.

the bloat

You'd think if they were to choose a cover for the record, it would be something more obscure than a classic rock radio staple like 'My Generation' or 'Let Me Roll It'. Are there royalties involved?

Crossing fingers for DEVO.

PrickHonky

I personally really like the new album art. It reminds me of the kind of art they would use for one of their 7" releases.
What would a woman that fine want in a big, fat, nasty, greasy, fat, stank, bloated, cheesy-backed, 12-sandwich-eatin' bastard?

Turn around mister, and never trust a girl giving her donuts away for free.

anaconda

It should be Devo. That would be killer.

Mount Ambulance

Indeed, Devo would be cool ... thou wasn't Coady tweeting something 'bout Clem Burke in the studio just killing it on a Kinks cover ... hmmm? A cover w/ guest ... hmmm? As for the art? Yeah, it's alright ... doesn't really roll me one way or the other. I'll save any real opinion till I see the whole deal. As for Melvins' covers in general? I donno kinda hit an miss actually ... none I think are outright bad ... but some are definatly gems! HAT is fucking brilliant ... three jackasses ... that colour scheme ... fuck yeah! Eggnog kicks all kinds of ass, the Trilogy art cd and wax is fantastique! Alota the 7"s are pretty awesome ... As for cover art beyond the Melvins ... I often find the inside art cooler ... cds are good for this ... just flip that shit ... I do that with heaps of cds ... one that springs to mind ... just happens to be Melvins ... Electroretard.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

RichieGoodtimes

Cantona is fucking with you tards. I didn't have anything to do with the cover.

anaconda

Cool. Thanks for the info. Is it a Mackie then?

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(the) Razor

Guys, I did it. Ok? Sorry to be such a disappointment. I only got the trial Photoshop so I learnt and designed this cover in 30 days.
Don't click this

Mad Arab

They have done covers of classic rock before without problems. The recent Cream song comes to mind.

"Let Me Roll It" is a song that would sound really good with their line up. Especially the chorus with Buzz, Dale, Jared and Coady.  I would see it as having an epic feel to it like A Civilized Worm does.

The Devo song sounds great though and has a lot of energy.