The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the bloat

Quote<Venting completed>

Actually, this is the proper way to close the tag </Venting>

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Big Business still release Big Business records.

Melvins on the other hand don't still release Melvins records........they release Melvins/Big Business records.

I think the time has come for the Melvins to release Melvins records again.

Dr.Benway

Buzz should stop writing songs with his asshole and start using his brain again.  Pain(pain) in my head indeed.

Mad Arab

That's right it is legal to listen to it on YouTube. If there IS any illegality it's on youtube's end and the person who downloaded the files illegally and uploaded them. The actual album will be here soon.

gesundheit

rhett E rock

Quote from: Dubwise Ministry Juan on May 25, 2010, 04:21:34 PM
Melvins on the other hand don't still release Melvins records........they release Melvins/Big Business records.

as far as i know those albums just say MELVINS on them...i get what yr saying and do agree somewhat.  i think it's just Jared's voice.  shit stands out too much sometimes.  even though he has his moments in the band (I'll Finish You Off, Civilized Worm), i wish he would sing less.  i wonder how much he contributes to the lyrics as well?  the lyrical style seems more BB than Melvins since they joined the band.

just to stay on the subject, the new album ROCKS!!!  Electric Flower can suck a dick though.  the intro's pretty sick, but they're shitting all over the song by the second half.

>>>JZS<<<

Chomas

album is a fuckin 8/10 at least

whats with all these new cunts coming here shitting on the album, an album they won't ever even pay for?  

molotov

Listening to the new one.
Right now.
...track #5.

And I have a mixed feelings.

Idlehanz

Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 10:38:58 PM
Right now.
...track #5.

You will....give it time.  This one really seems to be a grower more than any in the past.  Which I think is a good thing.  It bears repeated listens.  And any album that keeps me coming back to it over and over and over isn't a bad album in any way.

erin

Quote from: Idlehanz on May 25, 2010, 10:45:31 PM
Quote from: molotov on May 25, 2010, 10:38:58 PM
Right now.
...track #5.

You will....give it time.  This one really seems to be a grower more than any in the past.  Which I think is a good thing.  It bears repeated listens.  And any album that keeps me coming back to it over and over and over isn't a bad album in any way.
Idle's right.... after the first time I listened to it, I had literally no idea what to think of it & it went  over my head which is what the Melvins probably set out to accomplish. But I've been listening to it alot ever since I heard it, and it's definitely as good as anything else the band has put out. There's no point in comparing their pre and during BB albums, I like it how Buzz can switch things up and keep it fresh, I don't want to buy the same album over and over again.
I think we all hold the band in such a high regard that listening to a new release is overwhelming in a way.
TV Mind... time to wake up

anaconda

Hospital Up, classic.

Best pop-oriented song by them in 10 years or more
easily. Harmonies on the 'hey remember ' part are
so addictive.

I also love the lyric at the 2:00 min point where it
goes: "giant penguins silly, tear up filthy airwaves.."

End of discussion.

Dubwise Ministry Juan

Quote from: erin on May 25, 2010, 11:09:04 PM
I don't want to buy the same album over and over again.

Well to be fair you have the last 3 albums.

glen

electric flower punched me right in the kisser.

once you get into that I'll Finish You Off, Electric Flower, Hospital Up run its hard to go wrong.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Angus Khan

I haven't got round to listening yet but all these big biz haters and muse lovers make me want to adore the album already.  I just know it's gonna be good.  Three albums in and people are still moaning about big business.  You'd swear you owned Buzz and Dale and they were cheating behind your backs with Jared and Coady.
...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.