The Bride Screamed Murder

Started by blewis, March 08, 2010, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Benway

MrLuck87

I still stand by my original review but I'd like to add a few things.

After many listens later I finally hear Alice Cooper.  The end of PIg House before the "ohh a ohh" part really sounds like Halo of Flies to me and the beginning of Electric Flower sounds like Second Coming on steroids.  However, I don't think they ripped off Alice Cooper.  I just hear some influence.

Also, The jazz part at the end of Hospital Up still makes me laugh and I really do think it's a bit of a throwback to Prick.  I was listening to Prick the other day and during the song "Chief Ten Beers" I was suddenly reminded of the jazz part.  I think the jazz part was a way to weed out the fans and critics who want everything to sound like Honey Bucket the same way Prick weeded out people back in 1994.  It pissed off the Pitchfork critic so I'd say mission accomplished.   :lol:

I swear I saw a picture of the Melvins in the studio holding a a rubber chicken and I think I hear a rubber chicken on the jazz part.  Does anyone have that picture or know what I'm talking about?

For anyone who doubts it's a rubber chicken  :lol:

Screaming Rubber Chicken

MrLuck87

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on June 03, 2010, 11:19:16 AM
I wonder who said it sounded like Maggot meets ASA?

When the clips were put on amazon.com I could sort of see how people would think that but I don't think anyone has said that since the leak.

TheLegitMan93

I think "I'll Finish You Off" is the best song.

anaconda

ya its a rubber chicken, in that interview with Dale he actually says 'i played alot of rubber chicken on this one'

Mad Arab

It's the majestic crown jewel from the album. 

anaconda

its the best Big Biz song I've ever heard

Hospital Up is the best melvins song on the Bride

norecess

Quote from: anaconda on June 04, 2010, 11:42:44 PM
its the best Big Biz song I've ever heard

you are aware they put out  two other full-length releases before 'mind the drift'?

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

anaconda

GrimReaper

I bet that's Dale's daughter in the studio counting, and a good counter she is.

anaconda

I think you're right. I also think the second set of counting
that ends in 4...4...4...4... is her as well, but they've pitched
her voice down a few octaves.

Chief Ten Beers

Easily my favorite album of 2010 so far. Not much else to say except it's an instant masterpiece.

jonE5

Quote from: MrLuck87 on June 04, 2010, 05:28:56 PM
I still stand by my original review but I'd like to add a few things.

After many listens later I finally hear Alice Cooper.  The end of PIg House before the "ohh a ohh" part really sounds like Halo of Flies to me and the beginning of Electric Flower sounds like Second Coming on steroids.  However, I don't think they ripped off Alice Cooper.  I just hear some influence.

Also, The jazz part at the end of Hospital Up still makes me laugh and I really do think it's a bit of a throwback to Prick.  I was listening to Prick the other day and during the song "Chief Ten Beers" I was suddenly reminded of the jazz part.  I think the jazz part was a way to weed out the fans and critics who want everything to sound like Honey Bucket the same way Prick weeded out people back in 1994.  It pissed off the Pitchfork critic so I'd say mission accomplished.   :lol:

I swear I saw a picture of the Melvins in the studio holding a a rubber chicken and I think I hear a rubber chicken on the jazz part.  Does anyone have that picture or know what I'm talking about?

For anyone who doubts it's a rubber chicken  :lol:

Screaming Rubber Chicken

I've thought, since the first time I listened to that song. That it was them 'pinching' balloons. You know, when you let the air out slowly and sort of pull/pinch the opening to controll the air coming out. When you're doing that you can kind of bend the pitch and that what it sounds like to me. Think about it next time you're listening.

gesundheit