Which Melvins release did you hear first?

Started by (((O))), April 12, 2010, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Melvins release did you hear first?

Mangled Demos From 1983
0 (0%)
10 Songs/26 Songs
3 (4.1%)
Gluey Porch Treatments
6 (8.2%)
Ozma
6 (8.2%)
Bullhead
6 (8.2%)
Eggnog
0 (0%)
King Buzzo EP
0 (0%)
Dale Crover EP
0 (0%)
Joe Preston EP
0 (0%)
Lysol
0 (0%)
Houdini
24 (32.9%)
Prick
1 (1.4%)
Stoner Witch
6 (8.2%)
Stag
2 (2.7%)
Honky
1 (1.4%)
Singles 1-12
0 (0%)
Alive At The F*cker Club
1 (1.4%)
The Maggot
3 (4.1%)
The Bootlicker
3 (4.1%)
The Crybaby
1 (1.4%)
Colossus Of Destiny
1 (1.4%)
Electroretard
0 (0%)
Millenium Monsterwork
1 (1.4%)
Hostile Ambient Takeover
3 (4.1%)
Pigs Of The Roman Empire
0 (0%)
Never Breathe What You Cant See
0 (0%)
Sieg Howdy!
0 (0%)
A Live History Of Gluttony And Lust
0 (0%)
(A) Senile Animal
1 (1.4%)
Nude With Boots
1 (1.4%)
Chicken Switch
0 (0%)
The Bride Screamed Murder
3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 70

(((O)))

Mine was The Bootlicker case you wondered.

TheLegitMan93

I saw the music video for "Honey Bucket" and I saw the video for "Hooch" on Beavis & Butt-Head, so I guess that counts as Houdini.

gesundheit

A friend burned me Bullhead after I heard Boris. I wouldn't be where I am in life if it weren't for that album.

>>>JZS<<<

Like Stee

The Maggot was the first I purchased.  It came out shortly after the first Fant
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Tobias

i first heard The Melvins by way of Nirvana. I first saw them on the Hype! movie and had to rewound the tape a few times just because i couldn't believe how good and kool this band was. Then I rented A Salad of A Thousand Delights from a local video store. The first release I heard was "Houdini" but the first one I bought was either "Bullhead" or "Gluey Porch Treatments" on cassette. This was back in 2000  or so
Have you ever only eaten what's alive?

MrLuck87

I first heard Millennium Monsterwork in 2004 because I was really getting into Fantomas through Faith No More.  Shortly after that my brother gave me his copy of Honky which I also loved.  It's an odd place to start but it worked for me!

nickoctane

Quote from: TheLegitMan93 on April 12, 2010, 04:45:24 PM
I saw the music video for "Honey Bucket" and I saw the video for "Hooch" on Beavis & Butt-Head, so I guess that counts as Houdini.
That's how I first heard of them.

bUTTHOLEmAN

The first song I heard by the melvins was Charmacarmacat.  I remember thinking, what is this?   When is it going to pick up?  I wasn't impressed..  Later went to see them at either the Whiskey or the Troubadour, because I'd read they 'were the loudest band in existence.'   I was blown away by their live show.  It was the greatest.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

pinkyslim

ozma cassette.

Read an interview on Kurt Nirvana and he dropped MELVINS.
OZMA to this day is my favorite release.
Met them backstage at the Whiskey Houdini show.. I remember Al Smith there. 1993.
Buzz and Mark were fun and goofy.
Dale was sullen and to himself.
Buzz was telling me the Scorpions were playing the same night/town.
When I told him I was not into Germans and spandex,
Mark replied, "you hold her Buzz while I smack her". :lol:

Buick GN

Pretty sure it was Ozma. I honestly can't remember, one big blur.

My roomie brought home Sub Pop 2000, boxed vinyl when it was released. Soon SPop singles were arriving in the mail.

AmRep DGandFuck 1-3 came somewhere during the blur as well. Caught the boys play live on Haight, few shows later saw Lorax play. Chilled in their van @ Berkeley Square..one big bluurrr.

Hooked.

pinkyslim

Quote from: rhyme orange on April 12, 2010, 10:32:48 PM
ozma.  i remember hearing them mentioned a lot, so i bought the album that was available.  it was a nice rainy day in the summer, got home and put the album on.  still can't describe the way i felt.  when that machine or generator starts up on "vile", it's like i'm going up the lift on a roller coaster anticipating the drop.  to this day when i put that on, it's like i lean back into myself and i'm right back to where i was when i first heard the album.

well said.
The intro on VILE always gets me.
Oven blew my mind. :microwave:
Hook, line and sinker.

jules

Gluey in 1987. That year became year 1 A.G. Now is 23 A.G. I was born in 24 B.G. Jesus may have been born in 1987 B.G. but he probably didn't realise it.

Like Stee

:lol:
Quote from: jules on April 13, 2010, 12:22:16 AM
Gluey in 1987. That year became year 1 A.G. Now is 23 A.G. I was born in 24 B.G. Jesus may have been born in 1987 B.G. but he probably didn't realise it.
satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas