Dope, Guns, and Fucking In The Streets FEST!!! MPLS...

Started by cheeseburger, April 16, 2010, 02:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

joel

This is going to sound incredibly, incredibly whiny, but I just can't help myself. I really wish MN would get a Melvins specific show. This amrep bash is cool as all hell but there are perhaps a few detractors for me:

1 - the warm, warm August heat...in a parking lot...potentially with no reentry

2 - A long ass day on my feet listening to (albeit cool) bands other than the Melvins

3 - repeat the above two several times

4 - a 25 dollar ticket charge when Melvins shows are usually only 15-20 or even less.

5 - The fact that all we got in 2009 was an (again, unique and cool) abbreviated show at the Soo Visual Art Center. No full on Grumpy's or Fine Line show.

So, again...I know what you're thinking. "Why complain?" you ask. I'm just itching for a Melvins only show again.  :-({|=

cheeseburger

Quote from: joel on June 06, 2010, 08:27:01 PM
This is going to sound incredibly, incredibly whiny, but I just can't help myself. I really wish MN would get a Melvins specific show. This amrep bash is cool as all hell but there are perhaps a few detractors for me:

2 - A long ass day on my feet listening to (albeit cool) bands other than the Melvins

4 - a 25 dollar ticket charge when Melvins shows are usually only 15-20 or even less.

5 - The fact that all we got in 2009 was an (again, unique and cool) abbreviated show at the Soo Visual Art Center. No full on Grumpy's or Fine Line show.

So, again...I know what you're thinking. "Why complain?" you ask. I'm just itching for a Melvins only show again.  :-({|=
I actually agree with you on this...I would rather see 2 sets of the Melvins than anything else...although I think it'll be real cool to see the other bands as well, I'm just worried it'll cut into the Melvins set. I remember when I lived here before they always played 1st ave or something like that, ah well at least we get to see them! Also 1 & 2 worry me a bit....I'm gettin' old and standing sucks especially in August heat, plus if there's no reentry how the fuck am I suppose to get stoned without being paranoid about getting kicked out?

pinkyslim

Quote from: cheeseburger on June 06, 2010, 08:37:52 PM
Quote from: joel on June 06, 2010, 08:27:01 PM

So, again...I know what you're thinking. "Why complain?" you ask. I'm just itching for a Melvins only show again.  :-({|=
I actually agree with you on this...I would rather see 2 sets of the Melvins than anything else...although I think it'll be real cool to see the other bands as well, I'm just worried it'll cut into the Melvins set. I remember when I lived here before they always played 1st ave or something like that, ah well at least we get to see them! Also 1 & 2 worry me a bit....I'm gettin' old and standing sucks especially in August heat, plus if there's no reentry how the fuck am I suppose to get stoned without being paranoid about getting kicked out?

try an edible you lazy fat fu*k.   :wink:

"You're killing your father, Larry!"

joel

Dearest Melvins~

Please play a Minneapolis location that doesn't require me to stand for twelve hours to finally see you play. Please? I mean, I'm going to this one too,  but...please?

Sincerely,

Joel

and yes, there has been a rumor that there may be no reentry.

cara

I want to hear more about these vinyl releases!

Also, in honor of this the radio show i contribute to is doing an AmRep retrospective show which will air later in the week. (It was supposed to air today but there were some issues). This will also include an interview with Thomas Hazelmyer, but that's all I can say about that for now. Make sure to keep an eye out becuase I handpicked half the tracks myself and... not to toot my own horn... but this will be awesome.

cara

Ps. The Hazelmyer interview has been up on shiny grey monotone for a while if anyones interested. He talks a bit about Buzz and the 25th anniversary fest.

>>>JZS<<<

joel

joel

Looks like, according to a post by Haze on Amrep's facebook page, the Melvins will be playing first on Saturday. This might sound lame of me but I am entirely relieved, as I can just bail if I get tired of the hoopla. I am excited for Hammerhead though, so it's likely I'll stay for the whole thing.