Melvins to Europe - Scandinavia, Oslo or even better Bergen?

Started by Schnabster, August 24, 2010, 06:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnabster

Schnab is in peace with the fact that The Melvins most probably won`t play in Bergen ever, but I guess the chances for them coming over to Europe, and also Scandinavia, Norway, in 2010-2011 are bigger.

PS! Melvins has played in two small, shitty towns, Sandnes (40.000 inhabitans) and Kristiansand (70.000), there should be a possibility for getting them to Bergen, with the massive number of 260.000 inhabitans. Bergen has a big, alternative crowd, and I`m pretty sure the orchestra would draw just as many as they will do in Oslo. Perhaps 1000 +/-?

ManWithNoName

Melvins are planning to invade Canada. They have no time for Bergen!

Schnabster

Quote from: ManWithNoName on August 24, 2010, 07:25:38 AM
Melvins are planning to invade Canada. They have no time for Bergen!

Here you can learn the Bergen dialect, ManWith!

Learn Norwegian/Bergensk dialect.

jules

Quote from: Schnabster on August 24, 2010, 06:02:17 AM
Schnab is in peace with the fact that The Melvins most probably won`t play in Bergen ever, but I guess the chances for them coming over to Europe, and also Scandinavia, Norway, in 2010-2011 are bigger.

PS! Melvins has played in two small, shitty towns, Sandnes (40.000 inhabitans) and Kristiansand (70.000), there should be a possibility for getting them to Bergen, with the massive number of 260.000 inhabitans. Bergen has a big, alternative crowd, and I`m pretty sure the orchestra would draw just as many as they will do in Oslo. Perhaps 1000 +/-?
Norwegian.com are offering flights from Longon Gatwick to Bergen from 22.00 pounds each way in January. Is Bergen survivable in January for a week? I mean temperatures.

Schnabster

Quote from: jules on August 24, 2010, 07:58:10 AM
Quote from: Schnabster on August 24, 2010, 06:02:17 AM

Norwegian.com are offering flights from Longon Gatwick to Bergen from 22.00 pounds each way in January. Is Bergen survivable in January for a week? I mean temperatures.

Yes Jules. It can be snow, but most probably it will rain. I guess it`s pretty much the same temperatures  as in northern England, Scotland at that time.