Melvins split with Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Started by jules, February 23, 2011, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chowder Chucker

Quote from: pinkyslim on May 25, 2011, 01:17:08 PM
Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 25, 2011, 01:12:08 PM
I buy a ton of records through mail order. It definitely seems that prices for vinyl are steadily rising, and it's understandable that a band/label might wanna rake in a few extra bucks on some of their releases. I've certainly overpaid for items that perhaps weren't worth the dough I shelled out, but this single is the biggest rip-off I've seen in some time. I don't give a fuck how great a band is....$30 for a 7" is fucking robbery. It might be worth it if it came with a patch, a sticker, a download code, a book of matches, a hanky, used condom, stick of juicy fruit, etc.. ANYTHING! It is a SINGLE folks! The going rate for most singles is $5! And let's not forget...the music included on this single FUCKING SUCKS. A total throw-away track. I'm sure Buzz and the gang are extremely happy to pass this garbage off to all of the fan-boy suckers out there. "Look at all these goons snatching up these thirty dollar singles, yee-haw! Daddy needs a new pair of Mu-mu's!"

No wonder The Melvins are a bunch of fat fucks. Do the math on these singles.
That's a lotta cake, boy.

is COADY on a diet?

Bulimia nervosa, I presume.
This signature has been banned.
It rubbed the right person, the wrong way.

rictus

Each one they sell buys them 2 gallons of gas. It's a long tour.

pinkyslim

art for arts sake.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John Schuller

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 25, 2011, 01:12:08 PM
I buy a ton of records through mail order. It definitely seems that prices for vinyl are steadily rising, and it's understandable that a band/label might wanna rake in a few extra bucks on some of their releases. I've certainly overpaid for items that perhaps weren't worth the dough I shelled out, but this single is the biggest rip-off I've seen in some time. I don't give a fuck how great a band is....$30 for a 7" is fucking robbery. It might be worth it if it came with a patch, a sticker, a download code, a book of matches, a hanky, used condom, stick of juicy fruit, etc.. ANYTHING! It is a SINGLE folks! The going rate for most singles is $5! And let's not forget...the music included on this single FUCKING SUCKS. A total throw-away track. I'm sure Buzz and the gang are extremely happy to pass this garbage off to all of the fan-boy suckers out there. "Look at all these goons snatching up these thirty dollar singles, yee-haw! Daddy needs a new pair of Mu-mu's!"

No wonder The Melvins are a bunch of fat fucks. Do the math on these singles.
That's a lotta cake, boy.

So....if you buy a book that is 100 pages - it should cost exactly the same (or near in price) as another book that is 100 pages? Regardless of the author, regardless of the edition size? How about a painting? Should one 24" x 36" painting cost the same as another 24" x 36" painting regardless of the artist? How about when you buy a single disc DVD? You can get some for $5 and others cost a lot more!! What is up with that?

Simple as this - don't like the price? You don't have to buy it. I love how it always comes back to that!

It is a 7" pressed in an edition of 800 that seems to selling very well at the price it is. Regardless of whether or not YOU think it is worth it isn't changing the minds of the people that bought it or the people selling it. I am SURE the Melvins are laughing all the way to the bank with their MILLIONS of dollars they are making on this 7"! I am sure of it!!!!

pinkyslim

dude, CC is yankin' your chain...

[attachment deleted by admin]

John Schuller

Aw, CC is one of THOSE internet guys then?

Love them kind of internet guys!!!

What up internet guy?

You really got me there internet guy.

Every message board has "that internet guy". I should have known!

pinkyslim

Quote from: sadcorps on May 25, 2011, 02:35:36 PM
Aw, CC is one of THOSE internet guys then?

Love them kind of internet guys!!!

What up internet guy?

You really got me there internet guy.

Every message board has "that internet guy". I should have known!

yea but this internet guy has special powers.
Lightning speed wit.
One clever motherfucker. 8)

John Schuller

Yeah - there are a few classes of "that internet guy". Unfortunately, all of those internet guys are pretty annoying and rarely funny or entertaining.

John Schuller

awe - his humor requires an "acquired taste"?

Make laugh Chuckles. Make me laugh!

Chowder Chucker

Quote from: sadcorps on May 25, 2011, 03:35:40 PM

Calm down, tough guy. No need to be upset. Just stating my opinion on something that kinda irritated me.

You're all upset....as if they made some law against wearing butt-beads through the x-ray machine at the airport.

SeattleSam

I am a raper guy, obviously.

-Dc

John Schuller

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 25, 2011, 04:15:04 PM

Calm down, tough guy. No need to be upset. Just stating my opinion on something that kinda irritated me.

You're all upset....as if they made some law against wearing butt-beads through the x-ray machine at the airport.

Not upset, just not entertained. Butt-beads is cute, but "internet message board guys" like you should be able to do better. Just stating my opinion. I expect more!

Chowder Chucker

Quote from: sadcorps on May 25, 2011, 05:19:08 PM

Not upset, just not entertained. Butt-beads is cute, but "internet message board guys" like you should be able to do better. Just stating my opinion. I expect more!

If you want more you'll have to come to my show and see me in person.
It's gonna cost you $100 to get into the venue.
Yeah, I realize that most comedy shows only run 10 or 15 bucks, but my time is both LIMITED and EXCLUSIVE, and is without a doubt worth every penny of your hard-earned cash.
I want some cake too, boy.

Oh, and I'll host a Q&A session after the show just for the super special internet fan-boys (such as yourself).
I'll be serving cookies, punch, and all the juicy wiener you can fit down your salivating cock-holster.

BaronVonLipshitz

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on May 25, 2011, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: sadcorps on May 25, 2011, 05:19:08 PM

If you want more you'll have to come to my show and see me in person.
It's gonna cost you $100 to get into the venue.
Yeah, I realize that most comedy shows only run 10 or 15 bucks, but my time is both LIMITED and EXCLUSIVE, and is without a doubt worth every penny of your hard-earned cash.
I want some cake too, boy.

Oh, and I'll host a Q&A session after the show just for the super special internet fan-boys (such as yourself).
I'll be serving cookies, punch, and all the juicy wiener you can fit down your salivating cock-holster.
=D>
"We are not drunks, we are multi-millionaires."

(the) flutter nuts

[/quote]

what kind of cookies???
I got the shits real bad.