have a buzz "quote" that stuck in your head from a

Started by ___-----_____------_____, July 26, 2004, 10:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

___-----_____------_____

Mine:  Maggot Tour - 1st encore;  buzz comes out and says:  "This is the first song off our first album.  We started at the top and it's been down hill ever since."

:evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

___-----_____------_____

what??? nobody can recall a quote by buzz from a melvins show???

Not even any of his Billy Corgan / Courtney Love jokes?  I heard at least two of those.
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

hermaphrobaby

i dont know where this came from or who he was directing it to but its about one of the old bass players 'when it comes to being in a band, theres a difference between being the fan and being the man'

i think buzz is a wise man and would surely give him all my money to invest in the stockmarket.

Ed

In Melbourne last year some guy yelled out in between songs, "You're the King, Buzz!"

He replied "I'm not THE King, just A King."

I larffed.

morganEVANS

I remember at Bowery Ballroom once on "Crybaby" tour they brought out Leif Garret for "Teen Spirit" and Buzz had the crowd chant "VH1" over and over. They probably did that a lot of places. My friend Kirk from this band of some of my best friends called the Eviction Directive (it's him and the original drummer of Coheed,Nate Kelley), well...Kirk went to see Melvins on that tour and swears he somehow stole a lighter from Leif Garret and drank vodka or something w/him and talked to Buzz, but maybe it's a lie. lol.

Reverend Ebeneezer

Quote from: hermaphrobabyi dont know where this came from or who he was directing it to but its about one of the old bass players 'when it comes to being in a band, theres a difference between being the fan and being the man'

Sounds like he might've been talking about Mr. Preston. IIRC, he was a huge Melvins fan before joining them...
Don't cut me!DON'T CUT ME!
-Thrones, Simon Legree live...

FartLips

my favorite quote from a melvins show:

me: hey dude how long have they been playing?

dude:  i don't know but i wish they'd stop!

buzz quote:  "fuckin dirty hippie"  to dale
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

meezer

Besides the quotes below, I'd have to say the line he had on the Maggot Tour. He said;"I'm a happily married man, so nobody better mess with me, after the show.". :lol:
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Buzzinthebox

"My name is Buzz, you can call me Buzzinthebox"
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

Jaron

40 Watt during the Purge of Dissidents tour or Nude with Boots tour.

Buzz said something like, "We're thinking about trying out for the Lakers/Clippers."

Then Jared said, "Yeah, I've got the height and he's got the speed."

On another note, before a Melvins show Big Business was playing a show and in between songs when Coady was adjusting something and Jared yelled out into the crowd, "You guys like bass solos?" and he started fwapping away on his bass and made a lot of noise on it.

I nearly shit myself from laughter.

Buckwheat

"When you wipe front to back, you're really on track.  Wipe back to front? You're a dirty runt!"

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: Jaron on April 13, 2014, 11:33:28 AM
40 Watt during the Purge of Dissidents tour or Nude with Boots tour.

Buzz said something like, "We're thinking about trying out for the Lakers/Clippers."

Then Jared said, "Yeah, I've got the height and he's got the speed."

There's footage of this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbOHKZo9rs

43:15

Satchel Paige

"my wife just told me today, 'you hate everything' and i'm like, no i don't. I love you, all of you."

-paraphrase
Austin 2009

(the) Razor

Quote from: ___-----_____------_____ on July 27, 2004, 06:03:29 PM
what??? nobody can recall a quote by buzz from a melvins show???

I've never heard Buzz speak to the crowd before, not a word - not even once.

Got a laugh out of him though.

Edit: Wait, I just realised I don't think this guy really cares for an answer 10 years later.  :lol:
Don't click this