No Mention of the Melvins, by a guy who owes them.

Started by GrimReaper, May 26, 2011, 12:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimReaper

Dave Grohl is in the May 9, 2011 People Magazine. The one with Steven Tyler on the cover, somehow fitting.

Grohl is asked what his favorite albums are, and no Melvins.

Rock for light the best Bad Brains? No, it's not Dave.

norecess

there was a documentary about the foo fighters on tv recently and it gave me a little insight on how dave grohl deals with his band members. the way he treated their first drummer, re-recording all his drum parts on the second album without having the guts to tell him while the guy was sitting at home, was a fucking joke. then when pat smear left he got franz stahl from scream who he kicked out again after a year, telling him there was 'no chemistry'. it seemed to me that also the other band members were highly irritated by his behavior. but hey, they were in a band with a surviving nirvana member -- they for sure weren't gonna tell him!

not only does dave grohl talk and sound like a 12 year old, he also acts like one. why? because he can.

pinkyslim

I can't believe I am wasting time responding to threads about grohl and silverchair..  :cry:

bad brains are way overrated.

Bigval

Quote from: pinkyslim on May 26, 2011, 01:57:42 AM
I can't believe I am wasting time responding to threads about grohl and silverchair..  :cry:

Why comment in those threads then? Is there anything you actually do like outside of the Melvins and buying up all their merchandise to flog on Ebay for exorbitant prices?

pinkyslim

Quote from: Bigval on May 26, 2011, 02:12:17 AM

Why comment in those threads then? Is there anything you actually do like outside of the Melvins and buying up all their merchandise to flog on Ebay for exorbitant prices?

shut up faggotchair.

Now go start a thread on why Men at Work made you hot and bothered while you were ironing your Dads panties.  Then I can respond and call you a faggot. :D

shameless plug..
another inflated e-bay item I am hawking..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180672513187&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

fyi-
I likey my CROM and Midnight. :twisted:

black stallion

his job should be drumming,to shut up and just play a fucking kit
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

FantomasSF

Why would he do that, I mean he already wrote a song about Buzzo @ Everlong
"He had to switch to gin cuz Jagermeister gave him the shakes"

dijk cheese

I can't believe I am wasting time responding to threads about grohl and silverchair..  :cry:

never understood bad brains myself.
or foo fighters, or silverchair.
but then saying that, last year, silverchair were playing a festival on the main stage (last band) and i was derigging lights on the second stage (next door, yknow how it works at a festival).  and i have to say i really enjoyed the music.

edit: didnt realise a silverchair thread had opened up to post this amazing story.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

jonE5

Quote from: dijk cheese on May 26, 2011, 09:40:06 AM
I can't believe I am wasting time responding to threads about grohl and silverchair..  :cry:

but then saying that, last year, silverchair were playing a festival on the main stage (last band) and i was derigging lights on the second stage (next door, yknow how it works at a festival).  and i have to say i really enjoyed the music.

edit: didnt realise a silverchair thread had opened up to post this amazing story.

I don't understand why Bad Brains are being mentioned in the same sentence as two piles of shit like Silverchair and Foo Fighters..  I think it's hard to hear Bad Brains now and realize how radically different their sound was at the time.

John Schuller

Bad Brains are amazing when in their prime and in their true element.
Foo Fighters are pop music played well, but rather boring.
Silverchair? Weren't they for kids back in the 90's?

dijk cheese

Quote from: jonE5 on May 26, 2011, 09:51:20 AM

I don't understand why Bad Brains are being mentioned in the same sentence as two piles of shit like Silverchair and Foo Fighters..  I think it's hard to hear Bad Brains now and realize how radically different their sound was at the time.

i didnt know of bad brains in their time.
i say i can't, but i really mean i won't.

FartLips

Quote from: dijk cheese on May 26, 2011, 10:48:18 AM
Quote from: jonE5 on May 26, 2011, 09:51:20 AM

i didnt know of bad brains in their time.

that's too bad. That was my first punk/hardcore show. In the 80's, they were one of the most influential bands of their time, not to mention helping to smash the color barrier in the genre. I can understand some not getting why they were considered so big. There were a lot of other great bands at the same time. Bad Brains were just very popular and their live show was epic!
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

AxelFoley

The Brains' Build A Nation album from '07 was pretty cool.

John Schuller

agreed. And there are about 2 cool songs on God of Love.

Chowder Chucker

I can barely make it through "Quickness".
Everything after that is butthole.
This signature has been banned.
It rubbed the right person, the wrong way.