The Melvins on GG Allin?

Started by TheLegitMan93, July 15, 2011, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegitMan93

With King Buzzo being the opinionated man he is, I think it would be at least somewhat interesting to hear his opinion on a person like GG Allin. Maybe the Melvins could even cover one of his songs or something someday! But maybe not now that I as a fan have mentioned the idea of it. Have they ever said what they thought of GG Allin?

glen

I would imagine they don't think horribly highly of him (or didn't think).  who does?

and I mean that as no slight to the man himself. you are reading words from his former penpal at this very moment.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Chowder Chucker

My thoughts on GG Allin:

Hung like a Corn Nut.
This signature has been banned.
It rubbed the right person, the wrong way.

jules

TheLegitMan93

Quote from: glen on July 15, 2011, 01:17:13 PM
I would imagine they don't think horribly highly of him (or didn't think).  who does?

and I mean that as no slight to the man himself. you are reading words from his former penpal at this very moment.

What was that like?

dead mike

Quote from: TheLegitMan93 on July 15, 2011, 04:17:44 PM

What was that like?
I imagine glen put on a pair of latex gloves every time he saw an envelope from GG in his mailbox.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

MrLuck87

One time my band played a GG Allin tribute show and we covered The Bit and A HIstory of Bad Men.  I think it's on google video.

Captain CoryCory

Quote from: Chowder Chucker on July 15, 2011, 02:17:44 PM
My thoughts on GG Allin:

Hung like a Corn Nut.

And not quite tough enough to kill himself on stage.

glen

What was that like?

apologies to those who have heard this shpiel before around here buuuutttt..............

it was cool.  this was whilst he was in prison in michigan. his brother gave me his mailing address there (merle allin). he sent me multiple drawings in ink and pencil. he also carried on extensively about how the world and government was out to fuck him and "THE MAN" must be destroyed.  at one point he talked about us getting together (as friends I assume?  eep!) when he was released and I let the communication line go shortly after that FOR FEAR OF MY LIFE!!!!
I posted a few of the drawings he sent me here in the past.  search GG ALLIN threads and see if you can find them.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

black stallion

hey glen,that's a great story! so you were friend with his brother?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

jules

Quote from: black stallion on July 22, 2011, 11:42:31 AM
hey glen,that's a great story! so you were friend with his brother?
(Quickly checks whether glen was friends with the Kray Twins, too, just in case he misunderstood any of my previous posts.....fumblefumble.....)

MrLuck87

Quote from: glen on July 22, 2011, 11:14:22 AM

What was that like?

apologies to those who have heard this shpiel before around here buuuutttt..............

it was cool.  this was whilst he was in prison in michigan. his brother gave me his mailing address there (merle allin). he sent me multiple drawings in ink and pencil. he also carried on extensively about how the world and government was out to fuck him and "THE MAN" must be destroyed.  at one point he talked about us getting together (as friends I assume?  eep!) when he was released and I let the communication line go shortly after that FOR FEAR OF MY LIFE!!!!
I posted a few of the drawings he sent me here in the past.  search GG ALLIN threads and see if you can find them.

Very cool story indeed.  I remember some of the drawings.  They were interesting but I'm too lazy to look them up.

Uncle Fester

do you ever regret not taking g.g. up on that? I dont know what I would do if I were in that situtation.... probably the same thing you did, actually.

TheLegitMan93

From what I've seen, at least when he was on camera or something GG appears to have been a lot more civil off-stage than on-stage... but according to his own accounts I could be very wrong.

Dr.Benway

Quote from: TheLegitMan93 on July 24, 2011, 09:27:27 PMGG appears to have been a lot more civil off-stage than on-stage... but according to his own accounts I could be very wrong.

not wrong