Coady Willis appreciation thread

Started by black stallion, August 06, 2011, 06:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

as Melvins fans we love to speak of Dale most of the time but Coady is a fucking monster drummer as well. my question is,how can you play so fast while hitting that hard, without missing a beat?i like to watch him in BB more than with the Melvins

Dale--Bonham

Coady--Keith Moon

:?:

Big Business - Easter Romantic (Live in Leeds)

Big Business - OG (Live in Leeds)

Big Business - Hands Up + White Pizazz (Live in Leeds)

Big Business - Off Off Broadway

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

(((O)))

About time Coady got his own thread. It took me a while to notice but the guy is an amazing player and certainly on the level with Dale. Alot of guys would pale next to Crover but he holds his own and on ocassion then some. He seems super nice and chilled too!

Quote from: black stallion on August 06, 2011, 06:32:10 AM
i like to watch him in BB more than with the Melvins
Yeah im the same. Perhaps cos you can focus more on JUST him, plus he seems a little more crazy all over the kit in that jaw dropping, not only FAST, but HARD too style.

Greasy Statement

when i saw BB open for tool most of the crowd that was there was of the typical "anything but tool sucks" variety. more than a few near where i sat shut up while watching coady destroy his kit and i could hear them say "that drummer was awesome" after their set. thus is the power of mr. willis.

Mints

The guy is a fucking monster. Black Stallion is right - seeing him with Big Business is even better than with the Melvins. He hits so hard that he practically jumps off his stool. What he plays and how he plays it are both great. He's the most explosive drummer I've ever seen in person.

dead mike

Quote from: black stallion on August 06, 2011, 06:32:10 AMmy question is,how can you play so fast while hitting that hard, without missing a beat?
Cocaine is a hell of a drug....
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

black stallion

Quote from: dead mike on August 07, 2011, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 06, 2011, 06:32:10 AMmy question is,how can you play so fast while hitting that hard, without missing a beat?

=; you can't play with buzz if you do drugs
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Angus Khan

...and they all sing the same refrain: its fun to take a trip, put acid in your veins.

DC

Willis is my bitch. I can't find the photo to prove it though.

the ether bunny

Quote from: )))((( on August 06, 2011, 02:10:19 PM
Coady V Danny Carey and a toliet roll!  :lol:

Tool - Lateralus *Drum Battle* 07-16-2007

that was fucking legit! i wish i could have seen that tour... i'd love to hear big business play through an arena sound system....
he was a mongoloid.

dead mike

Quote from: Angus Khan on August 07, 2011, 03:34:58 PM
Buzz is such a spoilsport.
Would you go so far as to say he's a BUZZ KILL?
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

EvilNewWarGod

When I saw BB open form Melvins in 2006, I was really blown away by Coady's playing and it became immediately obvious why BB became part of the Melvins. He is a total powerhouse.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

MrLuck87

I'm so used to the rabid anti-tool fan base that's it's refreshing hearing something nice about them or their members for once.

Oh, and of course Coady kicks ass.  He's one of the best drummers ever.

Afterbirthmilkshake

Quote from: black stallion on August 07, 2011, 03:09:54 PM
Quote from: dead mike on August 07, 2011, 12:10:44 PM

=; you can't play with buzz if you do drugs

If you could we'd still have Kevin :cry:

gesundheit

Coady, in Big Business, is the hardest working drummer around.

Start Your Digging