Dale's Album of the Year (Metal Sucks dot Net)

Started by JUDY, November 30, 2011, 05:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDY

Uncle Fester

HAHA
i like how he didnt choose nevermind but the nevermind reissue
loutallica has to be a joke.

JUDY

Ahhh, those love-able pranksters we know as (the) Melvins.  It's definitely on par with his/their senses of humor.
If he is serious, well, it's Dale, and Dale is Jesus so if anyone can get away with it, it's him ;)

But come on....He has to be joking. Right? Righhhttttt?

anaconda

Dale is the only member who reads this board semi-regularly so I think it's an
in-joke based on how the Loutallica topic here keeps moving it's way to back to
the top in the 'Music' section.

Remember, he once came on here and later called all the downloaders "shit talking thieves"

JUDY

Quote from: anaconda on November 30, 2011, 06:21:51 PM

Now I feel the need to post it there, too.
The thread shall never die!!!

I actually listened to it in its entirety. Why? Because I thought it would be funny. I like a good challenge. A friend and I agreed that if we did it, we'd have to brace ourselves, and get totally shitfaced. So we did. The night did not turn out pretty.

....On the last track, I was like, "THANK FUCK MAN!! Only one more to go!!"....THEN I saw that it was a 20 minute track. I couldn't take it anymore...had to shut it off.

By the end of the night, several things were broken, my receiver stopped working (it was blinking PROTECT! PROTECT!) and an unexplained mystery couch ended up in the middle of my studio floor. I still have no idea how it got there.

It was a painful experience, and I totally regret doing it.

Captain CoryCory

He still has better musical choices than some of these metal douchebags even with the joke (OR IS IT???  :shock:) #1 pick.

anaconda

JUDY

pinkyslim

Quote from: erichka on November 30, 2011, 06:30:45 PM

I actually listened to it in its entirety. Why? Because I thought it would be funny. I like a good challenge. A friend and I agreed that if we did it, we'd have to brace ourselves, and get totally shitfaced. So we did. The night did not turn out pretty.

This is lamer than lame. :lol:

FartLips

he listed tweak bird. didn't that come out last year?
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

TheLegitMan93

MrLuck87

Remember, he once came on here and later called all the downloaders "shit talking thieves"

Really?  That's a weird thought knowing Dale Crover read my Lulu thread.

I was pretty sure "shit talking thieves" came from Mark Prindle and his fans discussing the album on one of his Facebook posts.  I could be wrong though.

What's weird though is that I've actually been listening to Lulu a lot this week.  Much like Manowar's "Gods of War" and Tommy Wiseau's "The Room", it's a work that's so baffling that humans would actually create it that I can't help but listen/watch it over and over again to figure out if it's trolling or something they were serious about.  I think there were some pretty decent ideas here that were executed poorly.  Iced Honey is almost a good song, and I kind of like the riff on Dragon, but at the end of the day I feel like I'm enjoying this for the reasons the artists didn't intend.

Enjoy it for what it is.  Something like this only comes around once in a blue moon.  For better or worse most people couldn't make an album as polarizing as Lulu if they tried.

"If I waggle my ass like a dark prostitute/ Would you think less of me?"  :lol:

(the) Razor

If Loutallica is anything like The Room I'm sold.
Don't click this

Shatz

From all the other lists I found "Ghoul - Transmission Zero" to be the funnest.
Seriously, metal guys, lighten up!
Keep your Arsch together, Sie werden seitlich gefickt.