The Bulls & The Bees

Started by MrLuck87, December 13, 2011, 11:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeless_dad

Did you burn the cases and art work before throwing it away???
Is Ian back yet??

(((O)))

Quote from: homeless_dad on May 11, 2012, 03:52:54 PM
Did you burn the cases and art work before throwing it away???
No im not THAT final with my decisions. It's not a statement really, just how i live. Anything paper gets recycled in the paper waste and same goes for card.

homeless_dad

Sending them to me is also recycling.

BTW, the burning comment was meant tongue in cheek.

Were you sad that bulls and the bees was download only at first?

Ok, ok I'll stop.
Is Ian back yet??

homeless_dad

Just one more

*below is a reinactment of )))((( seconds after downloading the bulls and the bees.  All in sequence.*
The part of )))((( will be played by Rowan Atkinson.

Enjoy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Is Ian back yet??

jules

:lol: :lol: :lol

You two are bloody funny tonight.

brian

Quote from: jules on May 11, 2012, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: )))((( on May 11, 2012, 02:33:15 PM
Quote from: jules on May 11, 2012, 02:26:36 PM
)))(((, my friend. I INSIST you photograph your Melvins collection for us to see. All of it. In one shot. If that's possible.

No hurry. I'm here for the next hour or so.

(P.S. Please     :)  )
Okay i'll do that later but i insist it's very, VERY underwhelming. Basically it consists of most of the studio albums on CD. But here's the real shocker for you ......get ready...... i've thrown out ALL, yes ALL the covers and cases!!!!  :shock: :shock:

Even a few of their albums in the past too!!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yep Jules are you still standing? I never keep the cases for ANY band i own the album off. Just put the CD in a wallet or if it's someone like OM they go in a CD single style case. Yes the ultimate accolade!!! And that is your lot! I don't own ANY merch or tshirts or posters or vinyl or anything like that, just the albums. Im not personally fussed about all that peripheral stuff. I like to hear you guys get excited about it which i DO think is cool but just not for me. Truth be told i hardly ever play Melvins stuff bar the odd youtube video or something.
IknewitIknewit! Fabulous! I'll await your underwhelmingment, although this is, of course the highest chakra. Discard the material. Husk and chaff blown away. Only the basics left. I'll do this very thing one day. The only thing left will BE Melvins merch, though. Maybe a fridge and a duvet.

Naaa, screw the fridge.

MrLuck87

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on May 03, 2012, 10:07:19 PM
So does anyone elses' disc(s) look like as if they may have been handled by a drunk four year old? Or maybe a guy on the line at some Toyota plant somewhere? Scuffs, fingerprints, just an overall film or filth all over the playing surface? Easily the worst shape (including used) I've ever bought a cd in. Seems to play fine, but still ...

And what's with the messy tracking between Friends Before Larry/A Really Long Wait? Sure seems as though they're supposed to meld/flow out and into one another, right? But there's that big ol' messy gap breaking the mood! Surely this wasn't intended from the Melvins' end? Scion gotta learn how to track an album a little better ...

My case was kind of bent up and the cd itself had a bit of dust or something on it.  Kind of irritating. 

I have to agree that the gaps in between the songs are distracting.  We Are All Doomed is supposed to flow into Friends Before Larry more smoothly too.  There's always a slight chance that The Melvins intended this because of the random things they've done in the past; like the 20min of silence at the end of Honky.

Also, can anyone confirm that the cd actually sounds better than the 320kbps mp3s?  The gaps make me wonder if they just burned the mp3s to a cd.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: MrLuck87 on May 11, 2012, 07:48:13 PM
So does anyone elses' disc(s) look like as if they may have been handled by a drunk four year old? Or maybe a guy on the line at some Toyota plant somewhere? Scuffs, fingerprints, just an overall film or filth all over the playing surface? Easily the worst shape (including used) I've ever bought a cd in. Seems to play fine, but still ...

And what's with the messy tracking between Friends Before Larry/A Really Long Wait? Sure seems as though they're supposed to meld/flow out and into one another, right? But there's that big ol' messy gap breaking the mood! Surely this wasn't intended from the Melvins' end? Scion gotta learn how to track an album a little better ...

My case was kind of bent up and the cd itself had a bit of dust or something on it.  Kind of irritating. 

I have to agree that the gaps in between the songs are distracting.  We Are All Doomed is supposed to flow into Friends Before Larry more smoothly too.  There's always a slight chance that The Melvins intended this because of the random things they've done in the past; like the 20min of silence at the end of Honky.

Also, can anyone confirm that the cd actually sounds better than the 320kbps mp3s?  The gaps make me wonder if they just burned the mp3s to a cd.

when burning this say from itunes it always asks foe the seconds between songs gap songs that flow into each other have no seconds, it is annoying
I got the shits real bad.

Mount Ambulance

Yeah, I was thinking similarily. Somehow, I just can't see it ... I mean that would be too fuckin amature ... even for a car company. Though I can't say I have high hopes for this kinda music publishing. I mean hell if the music business couldn't get it together to realease music successfully; as if a car company will ... it's an argument I could wax on all night about. Thou last time I did that 'round these parts I was labeled a commie pinko elitist ...

Back on track ... haven't listened to mp3/cd back to back. Thou I thought the same. I was expecting it to dwarf, crush, SMOTHER!! the mp3 ... I usually hear a big dif between the two, this time I didn't really notice one.

But man, National Hamster ... I hear the 'Coop of it ... kinda "School's Out" ... but for some reason it also reminds me of Melvins cover of "Arnie" (White Punks On Dope) ...
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

acid policy

no way, the cd sounds alot better. it's too bad that most people will be listening to the mp3s.

ask scion for a cd, they send them out free.

southern lord is sending them out with dopesmoker cds, too.

Stonergrunge

Damn, I'm still waiting for my copy, at least now I can see the entire artwork thanks to forum users like black stallion, thanks man.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

JUDY

The CD sounds A LOT better. The download was very low-fi.
That's cool to hear Southern Lord is passing them out, too.

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 11, 2012, 01:39:20 PM
Some editions have gold seals, some have silver.
Letterpress Art archive:
(I'm thinking the last one was done by one of Dale's kids?)

Really? Cool. That would be really cute if it were true.
I wonder what it would be like to be Dale Crover's kid  :)
I imagine oatmeal-can drum-kit set-ups by the age of one, at least   

What were these bad boys going for on the tour? I just came across one up on EBay for 70 bucks  :shock:

jonE5

Quote from: JUDY on May 13, 2012, 01:40:51 AM
The CD sounds A LOT better. The download was very low-fi.
That's cool to hear Southern Lord is passing them out, too.

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on May 11, 2012, 01:39:20 PM
Some editions have gold seals, some have silver.
Letterpress Art archive:
(I'm thinking the last one was done by one of Dale's kids?)

Really? Cool. That would be really cute if it were true.
I wonder what it would be like to be Dale Crover's kid  :)
I imagine oatmeal-can drum-kit set-ups by the age of one, at least   

What were these bad boys going for on the tour? I just came across one up on EBay for 70 bucks  :shock:

They WERE going for $20 but were gone before they made it to NYC  :x

Stonergrunge

So, today I went to the Chilexpress agency at Alemania Avenue and now I finally have my copy. As you can see there are some details in the package that some users pointed out like scuffs or crumples but at least the CD plays fine. I haven't done the "experiment" to see if it sounds better or equal to the mp3 version but it seems to sound very well.

cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Pound4abrown

The two I got (one for me and  one for a friend in the UK since they don't ship overseas) and they were both in great contiditon. No bends or folds, or nicks.