melvins inspired artwork

Started by homeless_dad, January 15, 2012, 10:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeless_dad

Walsby can't be the only one.  I think it would be cool to see other art, ie: drawings, poems, short stories, etc.  I don't know if this has been done in an older post, if so school me.  I imagine there some creative types on the forum. So feel free to post your work here.
Is Ian back yet??

homeless_dad

Ok so I did a search and found art, some really amazing stuff.  So I guess this thread can be reserved for poems/short stories.   
Is Ian back yet??

jules

My latest acquisition from The Walsby:

:D

Greasy Statement

i did this for exclaim magazine in 2010 coinciding with the release of "Bride...":

http://shinypliers.blogspot.ca/2010/05/melvins-illustration-in-june-2010.html

JUDY

Quote from: Greasy Statement on June 06, 2012, 11:48:02 AM
i did this for exclaim magazine in 2010 coinciding with the release of "Bride...":

Holy shite, that is really cool, dude. Nice work.
I have "Melvins Art" scattered all over this board. I went crazy with it for a while, but made my masterpiece and decided to quit :)

Here it is

The actual painting is a lot redder. Pure cadmium.
There was a thread for this in the Melvins Related section when I first joined. It has since then been buried....

If you have any more to share, post em up!
Na zdravje!

anaconda

dead mike

Greasy, that illustration is terrific.

Have we seen your work in the gig posters thread?
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

JUDY

Quote from: dead mike on June 06, 2012, 06:36:40 PM
Greasy, that illustration is terrific.
Have we seen your work in the gig posters thread?

I was thinking the same thing....
By the way, is that silkscreen?

Conda, that is classic. I think someone here should get a tattoo of that on their face.

Greasy Statement

crazy work yourself judy! i like the mixed media elements. really, really nice. mine's not silkscreen, it's all done digitally but using outside textures and what not to give it a bit of a silkscreened look.
thanks mike, i haven't done any posters for melvins as of yet, but someday, dammit! my hope springs eternal...

JUDY

Thank ya. FIRE makes everything better:

I'm not a pyro or anything  8-[

Very impressive digital work - I thought for sure it was a silkscreen.
If I saw that poster at a gig I'd buy it for sure.

jonE5

Quote from: JUDY on June 06, 2012, 06:01:40 PM
Quote from: Greasy Statement on June 06, 2012, 11:48:02 AM

Holy shite, that is really cool, dude. Nice work.
I have "Melvins Art" scattered all over this board. I went crazy with it for a while, but made my masterpiece and decided to quit :)

Here it is

There was a thread for this in the Melvins Related section when I first joined. It has since then been buried....

If you have any more to share, post em up!
Na zdravje!

Love  :love: :love:

Metalhead Cow

FartLips

Quote from: jules on June 06, 2012, 10:45:10 AM
My latest acquisition from The Walsby:

:D
i told walsby to change it to "take a hike, those who served"
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Metalhead Cow

So... Mark and Lori are obvious. I assume that's Kevin, Joe, and Mike on the far left? Which one is Matt Lukin? And that still leaves one mystery person

anaconda

The third guy in is Dave Scott Stone not Mike. Then I think that's gotta be Lukin in the flannel in
the middle. The dude on the end could be Pat Fear or Bill Bartell? from the Houdini sessions maybe.