Melvins Lite - Freak Puke

Started by connor272, February 16, 2012, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TosT

dear god, i had to turn that review off. it was too painful to listen to. was it even real? eye-ba-cack? fantomOs?

and if you're that bad at coming up with artful descriptions on the fly (and that's your bag), write something down first

Dan_Halen

Quote from: MrLuck87 on June 12, 2012, 01:04:18 PM
I-ba-cack records  :lol:

LMFAO I was gonna type Eye Pa Kak Records! I turned it off shortly after, his face just annoyed me. :lol:
Los ticka toe rest

Greasy Statement

Quote from: deatheats on June 12, 2012, 03:33:24 PM
I hate to even admit I read Pitchfork from time to time, but no suprise they give Freak Puke a 6.7 out of 10.
Chicken Switch is still the highest rated Melvins album (with a 7.8 score) according to the geniuses over at Pitchfork.

Not really surprising since they gave HAT a 5.6

i give richdork about as much credit as idiots like christgeau (or however you spell it). if something gets panned by any of their writers, the artist in question must be doing something right. they recently crapped all over the new future of the left album and andy falkous tore the review (and reviewer) apart quite brilliantly in his blog. fuck 'em i say. they're too busy blowing smoke up the asses of third rate black metal bands or ear destroying garbage like tuneyards.

tommyhc

Uncle Fester

shit tommy, I thought you were dead...
actually I thought you went berserk!

Chief Ten Beers

Album of the year. I can't pick a favorite song yet, I love them all. Can't wait to see the first show of this tour 7/1.

anaconda

Like I said before, the BB guys better watch their asses! This is the future of Melvins!
And that's coming from a die-hard fan of ASA, NWB and TBSM! Sincerely!

Pound4abrown

Quote from: Chief Ten Beers on June 13, 2012, 07:37:05 PM
Album of the year. I can't pick a favorite song yet, I love them all. Can't wait to see the first show of this tour 7/1.

I know we have about half a year to go, but I can't think of anything on the horizon that would best it for album of the year.

Pound4abrown

Quote from: anaconda on June 13, 2012, 07:45:22 PM
Like I said before, the BB guys better watch their asses! This is the future of Melvins!

I think there is more than enough room in the world for a four piece and a three piece Melvins.

Beard

"This is Melvins 18th record."

He can't even count. Even if you disregard all their collaborations, mangled demos, 6, 8, 10, 26 songs, the solos, and the re-release of Gluey, they've still released more than 18 records. What the fudge, man. His lack of research is a little disappointing.

tommyhc

Quote from: Uncle Fester on June 13, 2012, 06:25:04 PM
shit tommy, I thought you were dead...
actually I thought you went berserk!

Zing!

True story, I used that as my bowling name last night.
In retrospect I should of used one of my backups: "Lanes Addiction" or "Lucky Strikes".

MouthForWar

I really like the new album... still trying to figure out where I'd rank it with the rest of their stuff.  Its hard because its so weird and different from most of their stuff.  I like the crazy jazzy stuff that Trevor is adding.  The album has a creepier, more quiet tone to it that I'm really diggin on.  And as usual, Toshi Kasai's production is top notch.

Dan_Halen

Quote from: anaconda on June 13, 2012, 07:45:22 PM

I agree but as far as the BB recordings, I feel Bulls and Bees is the best one they have done yet. I almost feel it lost some of it's Thunder having Freak Puke released so close. Please won't someone think of the children and not dis-credit the Bulls and Bees EP!!! :lol:
Los ticka toe rest

ManWithNoName

love everything about it. it doesn't sound like the melvins and yet it makes perfect sense. works great with bulls and bees