Melvins getting some well deserved respect....

Started by camaroballa22, January 08, 2012, 11:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

yeah I couldn't have guessed "honey bucket" was gonna be the guys favourite track on that record.

I want to break that soundgarden record.

where's the White Noise 'an electric storm' LP?

deatheats

They have finally hit the big time.  That's right the Melvins will appear on...Last Call with Carson Daly

Not sure when this will happen, just an upcoming episode.  Prior to this I didn't even know this show existed.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/backbeat/backbeat-davis-powers-the-guy-who-helps-1006033552.story

"Davis also offered some advice for artist managers or record labels looking to have their acts featured on "Last Call."

You have to know who our audience is -- it's a very eclectic, tastemaker audience," he says, noting he's excited about upcoming "Last Call" episodes that will feature Ed Sheeran, Dr. Dog and the Melvins. "We're programming [acts] that reinforces our bond with the audience, and says, 'We know what you're into.' But we also want to have their trust that we'll give them something new and exciting that we feel they should pay attention to."

perzo)))

Quote from: deatheats on February 03, 2012, 04:24:37 PM
They have finally hit the big time.  That's right the Melvins will appear on...Last Call with Carson Daly

Not sure when this will happen, just an upcoming episode.  Prior to this I didn't even know this show existed.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/industry/backbeat/backbeat-davis-powers-the-guy-who-helps-1006033552.story

"Davis also offered some advice for artist managers or record labels looking to have their acts featured on "Last Call."

You have to know who our audience is -- it's a very eclectic, tastemaker audience," he says, noting he's excited about upcoming "Last Call" episodes that will feature Ed Sheeran, Dr. Dog and the Melvins. "We're programming [acts] that reinforces our bond with the audience, and says, 'We know what you're into.' But we also want to have their trust that we'll give them something new and exciting that we feel they should pay attention to."

kylesa were on a few months ago and they were awful.
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

(PAUL)

Found a little more info on the Carson Daly appearance.
QuoteMeanwhile, the band will have their April 13th Los Angeles, CA show taped for future airing on an episode of
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

FartLips

Quote from: perzo))) on February 03, 2012, 04:53:21 PM
Quote from: deatheats on February 03, 2012, 04:24:37 PM

kylesa were on a few months ago and they were awful.
it wasn't the best song, but i thought they were good. carson said in that show that they were working to get heavier bands.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

EvilNewWarGod

Has this episode of "Last Call" aired already? I definitley need to see this!
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

jonE5

Quote from: EvilNewWarGod on March 04, 2012, 10:10:13 AM
Has this episode of "Last Call" aired already? I definitley need to see this!

We need to keep each other informed as to when this is happening.. can't miss watching it live.

Buick GN

Quote from: camaroballa22 on January 09, 2012, 01:23:42 AM
Lol u guys are harsh, I knew you'd flame them guys. I guess I shouldn't have posted those videos from luke-warm Melvin's fans. Melvins fans are as hardcore as Philly sports fans. It's kinda like an f everyone else mentality.
Fuck the eagles

I said, FUCK the eagles

Buick GN

Quote from: backstard on January 08, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
There's almost nothing worse that geeks videotaping their imaginary conversations on youtube with their imaginary legions of fans.

Ever viewed footage covering dudes pulling sports cards from sealed packs?

LoL

Illusionator

Quote from: Buick on March 04, 2012, 03:22:50 PM
Quote from: camaroballa22 on January 09, 2012, 01:23:42 AM
Lol u guys are harsh, I knew you'd flame them guys. I guess I shouldn't have posted those videos from luke-warm Melvin's fans. Melvins fans are as hardcore as Philly sports fans. It's kinda like an f everyone else mentality.
Fuck the eagles

I said, FUCK the eagles

Get out of my cab  :lol: :lol:

Conor

I'm going to pray for you all now.

>>>JZS<<<

I wonder what they would think of my Rock Is Hell, E.R. orange vinyl/ silkscreened edition w/ number matched* R.I.H., E.R. test pressing set ? (*both are #8)  :shock:

Wouldn't trade those two for that one dude's whole 3,000 LP collection ! .......smashing pumpkins 3xLP set my ass, 3 LPs of horse shit !

.....and I'd bet money those two "collectors" ain't got one Zeni Geva LP between 'em !

8)

pinkyslim

Quote from: (PAUL) on February 27, 2012, 07:16:54 PM
Found a little more info on the Carson Daly appearance.
QuoteMeanwhile, the band will have their April 13th Los Angeles, CA show taped for future airing on an episode of