Hope this does the trick.
:P

[attachment deleted by admin]
Is Ian back yet??

black stallion

Quote from: )))((( on May 27, 2012, 01:31:17 AM
Quote from: The Bloated Pope on May 27, 2012, 01:13:11 AM
It's even one of my favorites songs of the band
It seems quite a few on here hold up Civilised Worm to be one of their best. I think it's a cool song of course but it never jumps out of (A)SA when im listening to it as one of the high points.

i've always thought it never jumped out of their whole catalogue. opinions
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Mad Arab

Well wait until next week and there will be another selection. We have 30 years worth of work to sift through.

I can't see how anyone can deny the epic quality of Civilized Worm. But that's the beauty of opinion...

Uncle Fester

homeless_dad

I wanna keep this thing alive.  Hope you don't mind Jackie.

Melvins - 26 Songs - 24 - Breakfast on the Sly (demo)
Anyone know of any other recording of this?
Is Ian back yet??

Metalhead Cow

Great songs picked in this thread. I'm with Jackie on the Civilized Worm pick. That song has always been my favorite from A Senile Animal. It's totally one of my favorite Melvins songs. Other great picks in this thread-see how pretty, see how smart, the bloated pope, the bloat, at the stake, jew boy flower head-all fantastic songs. I'm kind of surprised the Melvins haven't played The Bloat live with Jared and Coady. Same with Mombius Hibachi. I think they will in time.

homeless_dad

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 20, 2012, 12:04:19 AM
Great songs picked in this thread. I'm with Jackie on the Civilized Worm pick. That song has always been my favorite from A Senile Animal. It's totally one of my favorite Melvins songs. Other great picks in this thread-see how pretty, see how smart, the bloated pope, the bloat, at the stake, jew boy flower head-all fantastic songs. I'm kind of surprised the Melvins haven't played The Bloat live with Jared and Coady. Same with Mombius Hibachi. I think they will in time.
Don't deny breakfast!  I think some of their best is their early stuff.
Is Ian back yet??

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: homeless_dad on June 20, 2012, 12:15:34 AM
Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 20, 2012, 12:04:19 AM
Don't deny breakfast!  I think some of their best is their early stuff.

Cool song, although I admit I had to listen to the youtube video to be reminded how that song goes. It can't compete with anything from Gluey or Ozma though.  :)  26 Songs is a great CD to listen to, although I haven't listened to it in a while. It's awesome listening to really old Melvins. They sure were something great and unique, even way back then.

Mad Arab

Melvins - Bullhead - 08 - Cow

Sorry for the sporadic posts on this. Cow is the Melvins song of the week. The obvious highlight is the drum solo but the song overall is very awesome. Bullhead needs remastered in my opinion. Every time I listen to it it seems that the volume can never be loud enough.

Metalhead Cow

Cow-such a wierd yet brilliant song structure. Starts off a groovy rock riff, Buzz's crazy vocals come in, and then they just get crazier and crazier. The song quickly desends into madness.  :shock: It sounds like the songs having a meltdown or crisis or something. Vocals get crazier, guitar chords get more dissonant, and it brilliantly leads into some of the best stuff Dale's ever recorded. Amazing drum solo and what a way to end an album.

homeless_dad

Quote from: Metalhead Cow on June 24, 2012, 09:19:47 PM
It sounds like the songs having a meltdown or crisis or something.
I never thought of it like that but that's a good observation.  Like the song just says "aww screw it!  I'm outta here!  Dale's drums, you take over!  And just kinda end it when you want."  :P
Is Ian back yet??

Satchel Paige

Since its about to be Monday,

Kool Legged has been my theme song all this week.

Stass

Probably my favourite album cover from The Melvins. As for the album itself, well.....it's slightly better than Colossus Of Destiny. :P