MILWAUKEE SHOW CANCELLED

Started by blacksanta, September 04, 2004, 10:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksanta

This is on the Ipecac site. Haven't seen it on here yet. If this is a repost I apologize.

09/03/2004  We wanted to let our friends in Milwaukee know that we are disappointed to announce that the Melvins/Trevor Dunn show at the Rave Bar has been cancelled. The Melvins found out that the opening bands were not being treated fairly and voiced their displeasure. The club decided not to change their policy. Somebody has to speak up for local openers. This is very unfortunate in that it is not the first time one of our bands has had a problem in Milwaukee. Hopefully fans in the area can make the trek to Chicago.
Also melvins is gay cuz some of their songs are just noise, i tell you this so you all don't buy albums and find out only one two songs is good on them.

(PAUL)

Oh goddamnit!!!!! Thanks for posting, I wouldn't have even noticed otherwise. If you guys want to know about the local bands being screwed over, basically if a local band wants to play at the Rave, they have to sell a certain amount of tickets to that show, or in other words they have to pay to play there. They don't get paid for playing, and generally everyone who works there treats them like a dick. Not cool. But unfortunately there aren't too many other venues in town of that size that have national headlining tours, so we're stuck with it, although I heard the Rave is losing money, which is why they make local bands pay. Anyways, I'll try to go to the Chicago show, otherwise heads will roll  :evil:
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

FartLips

thats the beautiful thing about melvins being on ipecac, they can have they're own openers.  when they were on atlantic, i was in a band with a friend of buzz's and even he couldnt get us on.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

gwiz

thats interesting....i never knew labels chose openers., but then i really know NOTHING about the biz n shit.
good on melvins for sticking up for the little guy. what a shitty rule pay to play.

gwiz

and how do melvins get around these gigs...do they all drive japanese motorbikes?whats the story? i hear they race each other and time each other too. is that some crazy shit or what??

___-----_____------_____

well this sucks shit.

well sorry guys I was going to have photos and possibly the show for you all....
Beauty is a Rare Thing - Ornette Coleman

anaconda

is a trip to Chico out of the question for you dash?

FartLips

Quote from: gwizand how do melvins get around these gigs...do they all drive japanese motorbikes?whats the story? i hear they race each other and time each other too. is that some crazy shit or what??
when they were on the lollapalooza tour, they were driving around in a rented chevy lumina.  they hate buses.
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

___-----_____------_____

Quote from: anacondais a trip to Chico out of the question for you

no... it's unexpected but I'll be there....  unfortunately I will not have my recording capabilities @ the CHI show.  I'm just really pissed off.

anaconda

that hurts. but ya i understand. not knowing the venue in chico and
what the security is like etc i cant see trying to get recording shit in
could turn into a major headache, not to mention the travel, parking, strange surroundings etc.

___-----_____------_____

no....  it's actually a matter of a friend of mine that just so happens to record shows all the time @ the venue they were going to be playing at - the Rave.  It would of been very easy to get that show, and I already had it set up.

cellphone

Quoteand how do melvins get around these gigs...do they all drive japanese motorbikes?whats the story? i hear they race each other and time each other too. is that some crazy shit or what??

At the show last night they had a budget rental truck parked out front.

Andy

Quote from: cellphone
Quoteand how do melvins get around these gigs...do they all drive japanese motorbikes?whats the story? i hear they race each other and time each other too. is that some crazy shit or what??

At the show last night they had a budget rental truck parked out front.

At the Cameron Jamie shows there was a huge jive-ass silver behemoth of a tour bus outside. Maybe the curators shelled out for one. Or maybe they all slept in the trailer while Cameron Jamie rode up front :)
For your health!