Boise, ID 9-8-12 Show #4

Started by Idlehanz, September 08, 2012, 08:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Headed to the airport. I'm told that Boise is a decent town and that the Nuerolux is a neat little venue.  We shall see.

Hortense

Always wanted to see Idaho, see Ketchum where Papa pulled the trigger.

Have fun Mr. Hanz.  Eat some fresh potato for me.

Idlehanz

Quote from: Hortense on September 08, 2012, 09:22:42 AM
Always wanted to see Idaho, see Ketchum where Papa pulled the trigger.

Have fun Mr. Hanz.  Eat some fresh potato for me.

Thanks! Got checked in, had some potato, and now its time for a nap. I'm drained.

von grip

Quote from: Idlehanz on September 08, 2012, 08:22:04 AM
Headed to the airport. I'm told that Boise is a decent town and that the Nuerolux is a neat little venue.  We shall see.
Idle ive a request...would it be possible for you to buy me a Medium 'freak puke' shirt??  i realize i dont post alot, but ive been a member since 03- (figure were all family here)....the shirt is going to be a gift. im willing to throw you extra $$ and meet you anywhere in  theportland/vancouver area...
"im ol' south!"

Idlehanz

Quote from: laptop sorcery on September 08, 2012, 02:34:55 PM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 08, 2012, 08:22:04 AM
Idle ive a request...would it be possible for you to buy me a Medium 'freak puke' shirt??  i realize i dont post alot, but ive been a member since 03- (figure were all family here)....the shirt is going to be a gift. im willing to throw you extra $$ and meet you anywhere in  theportland/vancouver area...

I'll do my best. I'm on a budget, so I can't promise anything. I kind of tapped myself out getting other folks stuff in Seattle and PDX!  I'll pm ya later.

von grip

I'll do my best. I'm on a budget, so I can't promise anything. I kind of tapped myself out getting other folks stuff in Seattle and PDX!  I'll pm ya later.
[/quote]

if anything, i appreciate the extremely prompt response...and ill look for the PM later. also last night in portland i tried to get a shirt a the end of the show but Walsby was pretty much packed and he wouldnt sell me or this other dude a shirt....real bummer and i like i said im sending it to someone
"im ol' south!"

Idlehanz

So far, this is a cool little venue and an awesome staff.

von grip

ive always wanted to see the melvins in smaller populated areas/venues- i.e. idaho, alaska, montana
"im ol' south!"

Idlehanz

Boise is an interesting crowd. I'll post more tomorrow. I have to get up early to get outta town.

Where the hell were you Suck Poppet? Didn't see Grim either.

Idlehanz

So...Boise was interesting.  Easily the smallest crowd I've seen at a Melvins show ever.  I would wager that the Nuerolux held about 250 or so and it was about 1/2 full.  And about 1/2 of them didn't seem to care that a live band was playing.  Even though they paid to get in. I don't get it.

Tweak Bird started it off and just blew me away.  I've been listening for years and this was first chance to see them live. Such powerful and beautiful songs.

Big Biz, after some monitor rearranging started and played a 40 or so minute set that was fantastic.  Battlefields is great live.  I think they left out "Into The Light", the b side of the Battlefields 7 inch.  They had played it previously.  At least in Portland they did.

Trevor took the stage first as usual, and then Buzz and Dale joined.  Same set as mentioned.  It won't change. Things to note.  The crowd only really reacted strongly to Hooch.  I saw maybe 10 pairs of hands go up on the opening drumbeat.  It was weird.  That's really as animated as the crowd got.  I saw some people dancing during the Freak Puke tunes, but most of the crowd seemed sedate and confused.  After seeing the Seattle and Portland shows, it was strange seeing a small crowd trying to figure them out.  Those of us in the Washington, Oregon, and California dates are lucky I think.  Crowd energy equals band energy most times.  The crowd just wasn't there for Boise.  But they played the full set without care and it was great. 

Go, and give them some energy and money, without being a drunk tool.  Boise seemed to have a few of those too.  A couple apes acted like they'd never seen a video camera before.  But one couple whom I talked to were the coolest people at the place.  Some good, some bad I guess. 

von grip

your feedback and descriptions are second to none
"im ol' south!"

DC

Quote from: laptop sorcery on September 09, 2012, 10:11:25 PM

Ask him to describe my taint in detail sometime. You'll weep.

von grip

"im ol' south!"

Idlehanz

Quote from: )))((( on September 10, 2012, 02:04:06 AM
Quote from: DC on September 09, 2012, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: laptop sorcery on September 09, 2012, 10:11:25 PM

Ask him to describe my taint in detail sometime. You'll weep.
DC your youth culture slang confuses me. I shall need to head over to Urban Dictionary to decipher that comment. Although im half guessing i won't need to.

It's either assholes or feet with that guy.