Melvins Tour Diary on Spin Magazine

Started by black stallion, September 11, 2012, 06:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deatheats

"Who knew they would get so ma ma ma ma ma mad. "  :lol:

black stallion

who the hell is this George Thorogood guy?
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Hortense

George Thorgood is, to my mind, a kind of hack hype man with a backing band.  Did you see Terminator 2:  Judgement Day?  George Thorgood and The Destroyers did that song Bad to the Bone that is playing early on in that film, I believe after Arnold is done mopping the floor with a bunch of bikers and steals one of their "choppers".

George Thorgood is much how Buzzo described him, someone who has made a living doing covers of old Blues numbers. 

His joke about him getting ma-ma-ma-ma-mad is in reference to this Bad to the Bone song in which George sings Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba- Bad to the Bone.

DC

I drink alone. Yeeeeea I prefer to be by myself! Uh I drink alone

Hortense

Quote from: DC on September 14, 2012, 10:13:22 AM
I drink alone. Yeeeeea I prefer to be by myself! Uh I drink alone

You get an early start buddy.  Hope you ate something first.
:P
OH!  I see what you did.  More George Thorgood.

smokey

Just keep it to one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer, and you'll be fine!

jonE5

JUDY

Hot Pants

QuoteI mean we really have to hand it to you guys. You've made a fortune by playing and selling nothing but Bo Diddley and John Lee Hooker covers, and for that, we salute you! Thatis nothing short of a goddamn miracle! Now there's a record you can really be proud of!

Never wrote a single song and yet still sold millions of records and played concerts all over the whole world! Just like Madonna and Britney Spears! But let's get back to what we were originally talking about....

If you guys did actually finish the tour and you are nonetheless still not in the record book, well....Whatever, bitch.

haaaaaaaaaa. scathing.

and heres the link to the main Tour Diary page, just so folks dont have to go rooting around for the individual articles:

http://www.spin.com/#tags/melvins-tour-diary
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

(((O)))

Im starting to think that every cool band should document their tour like this!  8)

Kolonel Kurtz Kobain

I'd rather be at Dodger Stadium...

black stallion

Quote from: Kolonel Kurtz Kobain on September 17, 2012, 10:58:54 PM
Quote from: black stallion on September 14, 2012, 09:25:53 AM
who the hell is this George Thorogood guy?

modern-era Johann Sebastian Bach

thanks Kurtz!

btw this part of Dale's recent post made me laugh

QuoteWe've put out three different releases, been to Europe twice, and are now on our second US tour — all within a year! Let's see you top that, Bono!
Charmicarmicat:Bastards