NYE MELVINS

Started by pinkyslim, October 30, 2012, 11:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDY

Awesome stories from all! I love it!

Here's a really cool montage of aerial shots taken by a photographer at the show:

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: JUDY on January 02, 2013, 10:31:03 AM

Here's a really cool montage of aerial shots taken by a photographer at the show:

Hmm according to these pictures it looks Dale and Coady have brought back the second floor toms  :nerd:

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: Schnabster on January 02, 2013, 01:24:46 AM
What is the longest concert Melvins has ever played? Are they mostly doing 1 hour gigs or can they stretch them to longer? (seen them only 3 times, and each time its been around 1 hour)

I've seen them 5 times-always around 70-90 minutes. I think the 2009 show I saw was the longest I've seen them play. I didn't get a chance to catch the 4 piece lineup for their US tour in early 2012, but I think their set for that tour was around 80 minuntes. It was probably around an 80 minute set for the recent Melvins lite tour too

Yanayaya

This is amazing Judy!! Thanks...
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Yanayaya

Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

rictus

Buzz, Dale, and Jared are looking really thin these days. Coady still looks pretty much the same.

jules

Best part: meeting Yanayaya and Potemkin. Those two between them would have made the trip worthwhile even if Melvins hadn't played.

Most avoidable disappointment: this gig wasn't in the King Eddie Ballroom at all. There was a "power failure" in the haunted room so we had to make do with a smaller, less-chandeliery venue. Did anyone find the "Cocktails on the Mezzanine at 8"? I found a woman on a trestle table with $8 bottles of Heineken. I was as happy as a pig in shit but I wanted BIGGER chandeliers and CHEAPER beer.

Next best bit: saying hi to the drummer of The Germs. There will be a Germs reunion.

Most Not Knowing Whether To Laugh Or Cry part: mid way through a blisteringly noisy AMAZON, open eyes and peer left, totally metalliously serious-like, to see Jared trying to keep his home-made bath towel turban on his head and failing miserably. Bugger. That song always reminded me of an off-his-tits Rutmanis; now I'll always see Jared's Preposterous Towel when I hear it.

:D

buddy holiday

sounds awesome jules!

the germs! who will be singing?

Idlehanz

In case anyone is interested, here's the two songs the Melvins cover on their half of the split

The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

The Fugs - "Carpe Diem" - Fugs First Album

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble

Jaron

Quote from: Idlehanz on January 04, 2013, 06:48:57 PM
In case anyone is interested, here's the two songs the Melvins cover on their half of the split

The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble

In case anyone is interested, why in the cornbread Hell have these songs not popped up somewhere to purchase and download yet? I wanna hear these covers. They posted their Unsane cover on youtube to listen to.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:15:50 PM

The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble

In case anyone is interested, why in the cornbread Hell have these songs not popped up somewhere to purchase and download yet? I wanna hear these covers. They posted their Unsane cover on youtube to listen to.

This is all they have released so far

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3&theater
I got the shits real bad.

Jaron

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2013, 08:21:41 PM

The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3
&theater

I saw that, but that's all. I need the whole cupcake.

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: Jaron on January 04, 2013, 08:23:50 PM
Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on January 04, 2013, 08:21:41 PM

The Fugs  "Carpe Diem"

Divine  "Female Trouble"

Divine - Female trouble

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=531611623534851&set=vb.267942240938&type=3
&theater

I saw that, but that's all. I need the whole cupcake.

i hear ya
I got the shits real bad.

Snivlemdotcom

The germs have reunited before. They had the actor who played Darby Crash in that terrible Germs biopic singing. They put on a good show, and if I'm not mistaken they played every Germs song when I saw them. It was surreal, sitting in BB King's supper club in Times Square, sitting at a table eating a $15 slice of pie with a ridiculously expensive glass of wine, watching the Germs belt out the classics.

jules

Now I'm excited about the possibility of a Melvins Pie & Wine evening.....  :-k