Everybody Loves Sausages

Started by black stallion, February 08, 2013, 12:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

:?  30th April general Melvins review that begins, "Even if their new album is a throwaway,". From The Atlantic magazine, Washington DC:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/

Yanayaya

Quote from: Bigval on July 10, 2013, 10:45:26 AM
Finally got around to listening to this and think it's pretty good.

The Bowie & Roxy Music songs were the standouts for mine, awesome and the Venom & Divine covers were great too.

Could do without the straight ahead punk stuff and the Black Betty cover, Spiderbait's version is far better than the Melvins one.

Honestly the Melvins & Jello should do a whole album of Roxy Music covers and with Rutmanis on bass!

I was surprised by the quality of this an enjoyable listening experience.

Now speaking of enjoyable experiences whatever happened to my thread on here about Buzz's vocals???

It just shows it's all a matter of taste.  I'm a die-hard Roxy Music and Bowie fan.  I bought Roxy's first single and LP when they came out.  Both covers are just so-so IMHO.  Also, to be honest, I always liked the flipside of Black Betty by Jon Spensor better.
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

buddy holiday

Quote from: jules on August 08, 2013, 09:11:19 AM
:?  30th April general Melvins review that begins, "Even if their new album is a throwaway,". From The Atlantic magazine, Washington DC:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/04/why-the-melvins-are-guitar-musics-best-and-most-bizarre-unifier/275422/
the last comment gives a hint at the roxy music cover #2. mother of pearl... i wonder if it is true...

Fureon Nectarmoon

The author of this review needs to be strapped to a chair and forced to listen to the entire Melvins discography, given a full journalism course, and a good old-fashioned slap in the face.

LuckMach3

Quote from: Fureon Nectarmoon on August 13, 2013, 09:31:08 AM

The author of this review needs to be strapped to a chair and forced to listen to the entire Melvins discography, given a full journalism course, and a good old-fashioned slap in the face.

It's pretty bizarre that he's comparing Warhead to Sweet Willy Rollbar.

Some of the comments aren't much better.

"Like a lot of older Melvins fans, I consider 'Lysol' and 'Houdini' the band's high points, and I think what distinguishes those records from their more recent discography is how deadpan serious they seem to be taking themselves." & "but for me the wheels came off when the winking and nudging began, which was, to my mind, with the Ipecac releases."

He should probably go back and watch the music video for Honey Bucket, listen to tracks like Pearl Bomb and Spread Eagle Beagle, pay closer attention to the album covers, and realize that the Melvins have always had a bit of humor to them.

"Do you guys like Hogan's Heroes?"
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

homeless_dad

Their name is the melvins.  Can anything they do be taken deadpan serious after knowing that??

He must be thinking of sky pup when it comes to the melvins seriousness  :?
The man is a fool.
Is Ian back yet??

jules

buddy holiday

...interesting that they were considering celtic frost and hellhammer too. i would have liked to hear a hellhammer cover!

black stallion

i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them by Melvins
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

LuckMach3

Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 05:41:16 AM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them by Melvins

Plus I had no idea Alice Cooper was actually good until I heard Lysol!

Alice Cooper - Poison
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

black stallion

Quote from: LuckMach3 on August 14, 2013, 01:30:47 PM

Alice Cooper - Poison

same for me

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM

Alice Cooper - Poison

same for me

[-X
I got the shits real bad.

Rev. Mike

Quote from: buddy holiday on August 14, 2013, 05:30:32 AM
...interesting that they were considering celtic frost and hellhammer too. i would have liked to hear a hellhammer cover!

A whole album of Venom, Hellhammer, and Celtic Frost covers would be awesome. Them doing Messiah would rule.

JUDY

Melvins Tribute to TOM G. WARRIOR!

I'd love to hear them kick out Jewel Throne. It's my favorite song to slow dance to.

Celtic Frost ~ Jewel Throne

As far as SAUSAGES goes, that Venom riff is killer. So...heavy.

My favorite track is without a doubt the Roxy Music cover. It's just perfect.

black stallion

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on August 14, 2013, 02:48:02 PM
Quote from: black stallion on August 14, 2013, 01:32:29 PM
i like how these guys bring to our attention lots of obscure bands and songs. i discovered some bands after hearing a cover of them 8) by Melvins

Alice Cooper - Poison

same for me

[-X

you're right,shame on me. AC early stuff is amazing