Dale Crover - Live interview and phone-in tonight (26 Feb)

Started by jules, February 26, 2013, 08:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jules

From FB:

Tune in for a live interview with Dale Crover tomorrow night on The Hot Box at 9pm PDT! Dale will be talking drums and will also play a new song from "Everybody Loves Sausages"! You can also call in during the show at (800)-893-9562

http://www.skidrowstudios.com/

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Metalhead Cow

GrimReaper

Somebody record it!

I just called that number and asked them to play A growing disgust.

Metalhead Cow

Dumpster D

LOL! was that ))(( Ian..or another IAN!!!  :lol: :lol:

I didnt catch the beggining, Im taping it on Cassette!  :D

Dumpster D

Man, Dales probly like, God damnit, SOMEONE ASK ABOUT EVERYBODY LOVES SAUSAGES!!!

as in, WHAT BANDS DO YOU LIKE AND WHY!!!

Some In depth, convo...none of this Fluff shit...comeon guys, Balls first here!

we got some Callers out there in geeksville...UGH!

Dumpster D

God damn, I must have missed Half the show, bummer.

Well, I wouldnt say I missed much actually.

Yanayaya

Quote from: Dumpster D on February 26, 2013, 11:59:19 PM
God damn, I must have missed Half the show, bummer.

Well, I wouldnt say I missed much actually.

Naaah!  Just Venom cover off the new LP.  So tight!!
Al que está vivo todo le falta y al que está muerto todo le sobra.

Dumpster D

Fuck, so like can I rewind to the beggining or something..Like.

Metalhead Cow

The venom cover was killer-The drums sounded awesome, as did Buzz's guitar tone. Here's some tidbits:
Dale's favorite Melvins albums-Stag, A Senile Animal, and Bullhead-he joked that he was all excited when they recorded Bullhead, saying he thought it would be their breakthrough album
There was some discussion about taking craps on the road  :facepalm:
Dale said he played guitar before he played drums, and that this neighborhood kid he used to jam with eventually became a member of Metal Church. Chris from Nirvana introduced Dale to Buzz at a taco bell where Chris was working (think I got that right)
Scott Kelly was the first caller! He said he spent the last 8 hours moving furniture. Dale said that him and Scott are members of the Sexual Fantasy Baseball League (or something)  :lol:
Dale said he's been talking with another drummer (forget who) about possibly doing a project and maybe putting out an all drumming album-AND Coady's involved.  :shock:  Man, I hope this happens!
This lady called in, introducing herself as Dr. so and so, and started talking about how she's a licensed marriage therapist or sex therapist or something.  :lol: Talking about trust and keeping things interesting in the bed room and yada yada. Eventually it was revealed that she thought she was calling the love program intended to be aired tomorrow!  :lol: :lol:

Metalhead Cow

Quote from: Dumpster D on February 26, 2013, 11:33:14 PM
Man, Dales probly like, God damnit, SOMEONE ASK ABOUT EVERYBODY LOVES SAUSAGES!!!

as in, WHAT BANDS DO YOU LIKE AND WHY!!!

Some In depth, convo...none of this Fluff shit...comeon guys, Balls first here!

we got some Callers out there in geeksville...UGH!

Yeah it was kind of ridiculous. Did you think about calling in? I thought about it, but I was nervous and didn't know what I would say. Better not to make a fool of yourself while talking to your hero.  :) Although I have to admit, because it was so casual and Dale seemed to be having a good time, I did consider calling the number and asking something ridiculous like who's your favorite batman villain, or something.  :lol:

Dumpster D

Man, hell no I dont get geeked out around my heroes. not specifically the melvins, I know this is strange but They are Just people, you know, sure they are super talented etc, but I mean..

I dont hit that, I think of talking to them like anyone I meet off the street.

name rank and serial number, they know who they are...yuh know..I dont wanna bore them to death.

flattery will get you nowhere.

they know I love em to death, so what. They love playing to death! how cool is that...

then theres Blink182, wont play a show unless someones licking thier assholes clean and serving them Beef wellington and forming Dick-suck lines after the show is over...the melvins have places to be..and unfortunately no one is offering them a million bucks, Im sure they would be taking the money if they could get it, they are in their van piled on top after their amps and gear, and off they go to the next show.

This last June
I almost literally bumped into Dale walking around the tour van at Club Absinthe, It was a strange Venue. I was going around their Van to see if there was an Entrance around the side or something being blocked by their vehicle and Dale was coming the other way from behind the Van, and We almost collided.

It was like bumping into a friend I was with the whole time, I said;

how the Helll do you get INTO this place!

he was pretty much doing the Exact same thing I was doing too!

Trying to figure out what the fuck was the Deal going on with this weird shitty venue too, like WHOS IN CHARGE HERE!  8)

I dont know, we just got here. he says.

and Basically we both walked around the front together to get a look, and he kinda stood there and I chatted him up for a few minutes, and Im sure he was probly wondering If I even  knew who he was by then because It was like no big deal, Its just Dale right...and I gave myself away as a real fan by finally Something like;

by the way, we caught the show the other night In toronto, and you guys KILLED IT! like, totally brought the house down! And I mean (Dale completely stole the show at the end!)

and I guess that was like as much of a compliment as I could pay, he was sincerely glad to hear that as much as I Truly meant that.  And then I said, yeah well we didnt end up making it to the London show and that was Dissapointing.

My friend then interjectually Says; oh Yeah, how WAS the that BTW, and Dale looks over at him and just said; 

It was HOT!

and I cracked up, but like in a concerned way, Its usually Balls hot in over-crowded and illegitamate cheap Venues, Like This is JUNE, and I had my head completely shaved due to the intense heat, and Less maitenance while Traveling without free Range of utilites and comforts of home,  I came a LONG way for the show and more so the BAND THEMSELVES! Well, I had spent the week in a Skydive packing tent, just enjoying my Freedom from dishwashing, it was like Enjoy Every minute of it for all its worth; NO Im taking a WEEK off and Im going to see my FAVOURITE band in the whole universe and your gonna give me the time off, and thats it. Thats all there is to it. Or I quit. was like Getting ready for a Huge Fire-fight, I mean its a ritualistic thing, I consider myself a serious melvins fan, like but who has a very limited Budget. I strapped on the Combat boots, and Im ready to Die on my feet, Im ready, Im prepared for all and anything.

here I am, Standing with Dale, and its just about the comfort zones..I dont know, you dont want to give off certain vibes or say things that send the wrong signals. These guys have serious BS detectors man. they are smart and real, not like any celebs out there, yuh know..its still punk in that sense.

hell, Rock and roll! my whole life revolves around this band. so its no big deal, just like anything else.
your hands get dirty, you wash em, you meet the melvins, you know...ya enjoy their company, Respectfully. Nothing to be excited about. I Met Buzz once before in 2007 and he wont turn ya down, Buzz will be Excellent to his public; young aspiring Fans as far as my one experiance was. I just grew up with their music, and so my life has changed for the better in ways not possible without this band and their Music.

Another thing;
I noticed Dale was slightly intrigued a bit by my Homemade band T-shirt a little! not sure what he was thinking about that, maybe he wasnt so sure either...heheh.

its pretty shredded and stiched up from idiots in crowds Grabbing on to me, I think he was kinda admiring the Sewing Job I did!  :lol: Yellow shirt with Green stitches. Like you can tell a lot about a person by their clothes..something forrest gump understands, This shirt means a lot to me and I guess you could see that Dale could see that.

Anyway, not that long after he had to go back in for soundcheck, and that was really fun to listen to because Dale was doing some really cool cool beats, and I also Saw Trevor Upstairs, and he noticed me Eyeballing his peice! (his Wood) and I was like KILLER DUDE!!! KILLER! and he smiled back as I was kinda Nodding! such a fine upstanding nice man!
its a small venue, They cant hide backstage..lol there IS NO backstage...so Its one of those times where they are Just used to it. So Im used to them- being used to me if that makes sense..

you gotta Boldly Go as the Trekkie motto says!  8) 8) 8)

I also had the opportunity to chat with a long time friend of the boys, Selling Tees at the merch table, and It was nice talking with him. I recognized him from his Well-written Article From the neither here nor there book, and I enjoyed talking about that and buying a couple shirts from him. 

every night on the Road is Saturday night!

see, I LOVE these guys but In a way where Its like they are Just old friends and Im familiar and comfortable and respectful in their personal space..so I dunno, I really have just been a fan long enough, Its like meeting or talking to them is like anything else to me.

Kinda Like, Hey you know...great to see you again! always a treat!

Its like, yup, Your the band and Im your fan.

the feeling of Respect feels mutual to me. I know they know who their REAL fans are.

coincedentally that was just an amazing day all around. I couldnt have asked for a better day.

Like totally better than being a kid at disney land!

We got Served FREE BEER down the street after talking to Dale and hearing the sound check!!! Im not kidding it was Definetly a day I conquered the world!!! in this day and Age, free beer is simply UNHEARD OF!!! it was a magical Day! And nothing was gonna stop that!

I felt like a King for a day!

its that simple.

It was like right around my birthday, YO, Birthday, melvins shows in your area, Free beer...

T shirt, what more could I ask for!

P.s. DISNEYLAND

IN bed :?

Dale; ANYTIME!

Metalhead Cow

Thanks for sharing that story, man. That sounded like a blast. I bet Dale was pleasantly surprised to chat with a non-fanboyish fan. You're right, they must have a very strong BS detector, and while they appreciate their true fans, I'm sure they'd rather be treated as equals, not gods. I think Buzz in particular loses patience with overzealous fans or phony people. I like your outlook that they're just like old friends