Previous topic - Next topic

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

tottel

Quote from: black stallion on May 21, 2013, 12:47:29 PM
Quote from: tottel on May 21, 2013, 12:40:32 PM
Yeah and rightly so!

they did not put him 1st  :x

I don't care if THEY put them first, I put him first in my head. These lists are obviously just lists, most important is that he gets the recognition and respect that he deserves. I mean..... Grohl on no.1?!?....ha!

rictus

He's in good company tho. Sandwiched between Tim Alexander and Dave Lombardo.

Dumpster D

Thats what you get, but hey Dale is a Drummist and not just any Ordinary drummer.

We all know who is REALLY the best in actuality.

Drumzines are bullshit anyway, more like the list is about how the more mainstream you are the better you are..

so like in THAAAAT case, dale is in pretty good standings on this list.

the Twelfth most mainstream Drummer, hehe, Yeah... :buzz:

who wrote this stuff.  :?

perzo)))

no claude coleman (ween) on that list.

dale shoulda been way before grohl,hes a good drummer but not #1...
spins always sucks off the foo fighters.
Again,a gorgeous tragedy approaches,in the wake of those thought contained.But sonic reverberations shake the very marrow of the fragile chamber of mans lifeforce,and again the minions quiver in fear,as daylight fails to come,and Melvins walk the battlefield,bored and hungry...

Schnabster

Chad Smith and Grohl in front? Bullshit. In my book the drummer og Shining (Norwegian), Dresden Dolls drummer and the drumming twin of Blonde Redhead scores high.

Dumpster D

Whatever, Spin Isnt even good enough for the holes in my Drywall.

Satchel Paige

Herb<Dale<Dave

that should have been the 1,2,3

but yeah where was claude? if chad smith or dave made it..............

DC

What's the Unsane guys name? He should be in there. God damn I've been on an Unsane kick.

anaconda

Charlie Ondras the original drummer? or Vinnie Signorelli, the drummer who
hasn't played with them for the past couple years because he got an abscess
in his thigh from shooting heroin and is fighting to save his leg??

Captain CoryCory

So who's the Skrillex of this list (#100)? Damian Marley?

EDIT: It's actually Stanley of the Feelies, but still a joke #100 like the guitars list would have been good for the laffs.

Interesting bits on this list... Bill Ward is 66, Britt Walford of Slint is in the 80s yet I can't remember a lick of his drumming in that band... Boredoms as a whole get 63... ROLAND from Big Black gets 60... Sheila E at 59... Russell Simms at 58... Rey Washam of Scratch Acid at 54... Chuck Biscuits at 51 with no mention of his time in Danzig...  No way ROBO should be 45... Clem Burke at 35... Brian Chippendale at 34... Danny Carey at 29 with no mention of Green Jelly... Tiki Fulwood at 26...  Bigfoot Brailey at 21... Tommy Ramone at 20... Tim Alexander at 13 (I'm glad this guy made the list!)... Crover at 12... Lombardo at 11...

I don't really agree with any of the top ten except maybe the James Brown drummers. The five I'm shocked that didn't make the list at all are Mikkey Dee, Philthy Animal Taylor, Mark Greening, Away and Yoshida Tatsuya.

I can't imagine what their top 100 bassists list will be.

Mints

Quote from: Satchel Paige on May 22, 2013, 02:00:06 PM
Herb<Dale<Dave

that should have been the 1,2,3

"Think what you want" and all that but I have to ask: What?? Dave Grohl is a very good drummer. To me, that's the list he belongs on. What is it you see in his playing that could possibly put him ahead of Dale on your personal list of drummers? Do you get so much out of Dave's fills, execution, sound, etc., that you honestly put him ahead of Dale in any category at all? Defend yourself, damnit!  :D