nashville sept. 30th

Started by FART LIPS, September 30, 2004, 04:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FartLips

i will be reporting for duty tonight at the melvins show, SIR!   a full report will follow, SIR!  AND NO BETO, I'M NOT RECORDING!!! :lol:
Quote from: JASONALEXANDER on March 08, 2024, 11:35:21 PM
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

LouiLoomis

I'm looking forward to this review very much!  8)

Beto Brasil

Quote from: FART W. LIPSi will be reporting for duty tonight at the melvins show, SIR!   a full report will follow, SIR!  AND NO BETO, I'M NOT RECORDING!!! :lol:

oh man  :cry: ....
why not? :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

FartLips

i dont have the money for a recorder, of any type.  maybe i'll run into one of my melvins contacts and can get a soundboard copy.  i had one a long time ago of a show that even ziegler didnt have but someone stole it. :(
Brilliant story, Ian!  :lol:  :lol: And what harm has Ian ever done to Fart that he deserves to be harrassed no matter what he writes, even when it's funny and brilliant as fuck? Digger > Nigger and an Fuck > Shut!  :lol:

Beto Brasil

Quote from: FART W. LIPSi had one a long time ago of a show that even ziegler didnt have but someone stole it. :(

really?oh shit!!
Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

FartLips

ANOTHER GREAT FUCKING SHOW!!!!!! although i have to admit, if i win a million dollars tomorrow, i'm buying buzz and dale fucking treadmills.  what a bunch of fatasses.  i do believe the setlist was the same as birmingham so no new surprises there.  but god they were tight.  lots of noise, noise, noise.  bar x was fucking awesome though.pigs rocked too.  its way better live, cant wait to hear some boots of this tour.  the beatles cover was great.  they really play just about all of the song.  the show got more jovial in the second half.  it started with kevin trying to take his slide off his finger, eventually throwing it behind him.  i watched it roll underneath his bass cabinet, and during the next noise piece, he was on all fours, getting pissed, looking for the slide. i felt bad for him since i couldnt direct him to it since i was way over on the other side.  dale was also picking on kevin with the search light, getting numerous birds from the hands of kevin.  later on kevin was trying to break dale's concentration by giving him these "come hither" looks that were fucking hilarious.  buzz only really talked to the crowd before the last song, the fool, the meddiling idiot.  he tried to get the crowd going( the crowds are always kinda laid back in nashville)  he shook his head and said something about nashville giving him a hardon( my ears are screaming at this point since i'm in front of buzz and i forgot ear plugs)  he also said he remembered seeing someone from the last show 2 years ago and asked him what he's been up to since then.  the dude said "just partying"  buzz went on to ask the same question to dale, kevin, and the soundguy, which was returned with the same answer.  then buzz says "i was impressed actually"  and at the very end dale and kevin sang some odd country song a cappella with kevin doing some satanic barney the dinosaur laugh!  fucking great!  one secret to buzz's sound: three different distortion pedals, on all at once. brilliant!
cool to meet one of the board members.  steve ludlow(his real name!) was there.  pleasure meeting you and james.  james got some great pics too.  maybe we'll see them here.
and loaded up on the booty too.
revolve/with teeth 7"
pigs cd
h.a.t. cd with booklet
neither here nor there book
happy halloween bitch shirt
kisskateer shirt
2 stickers(free shit. cool)
85 bones and this is the kicker
the guy selling the merch says "and you've won the big prize" dales drumstick, autographed, with the words "MELVINS TOOTHPICK". that was sweet!(regal tip; quantam 3000 nylon tip, for all you drummers out there)
definitely one of the best shows i've been to in a long while.

FartLips

i'll post seperately for the convulsant i guess.  THESE GUYS(AND GAL) FUCKING RULE!  i heard a couple of songs of theirs before and didnt quite get into it, but live, they suck you right in.  their drummer is a genius, using just a trap kit and various metal objects(one was a brass ashtray) and small cymbals on the tops of his drums.  they remind me of a plugged in, cracked out gaster del sol or a jazzier don caballero.  they go from just dicking around to a full-on beatdown.  trevor also mentioned that the other 2 were originally from nashville, and they looked familiar to me as well.  but trevor might just be a huge liar.  the crowd was very receptive to them and gave them a good showing. then again, stuff like their music goes over really well in nashville with bands like slint, rodan, june of 44, and other jazz-inflected rock and punk/post-punk coming from just a few hours up north.  the convulsant is a must see on this tour, in my opinion, so get there early.

Kif

That merch guy was the guitar player in a band called the Dicks. He's awesome, so is the band.

FartLips

Quote from: KifThat merch guy was the guitar player in a band called the Dicks. He's awesome, so is the band.
he was cool. i asked him if there was any lighters left and he said they were gone forever.

thegrumpylil'hermit

Quote from: FART W. LIPStrevor also mentioned that the other 2 were originally from nashville, and they looked familiar to me as well.  but trevor might just be a huge liar.

yep, we've all been had...once again.  He said the same thing about the guitarist at the Birmingham show.  Its funny that you suspect Trevor Dunn of being a huge liar considering at the Birmingham show, Buzz's dialogue towards the end of the show all started with him exclaiming loudly into the mic: "TREVOR DUNN IS A LIAR!!" and at one point...."TREVOR DUNN's WIFE IS A BITCH!!."

Jess

yup nashville.  got to see soundcheck from outside (the bloated pope) as kevin sang "Elvis is my boyfriend" over and over.  great show.  i was partially deaf for a day from standing about ten feet in front of buzz's cab.  ask fart lips he was behind me.  yes buzz did have three boss ds-1 pedals.   a little irritated because i couldn't hear kevin.  for a forty year old man buzz can still put on a show.  highlights were let it all be and tipping the lion, with full distortion.

FartLips

yeah i still cant hear right.  thankfullly ludlow blocked the brunt of buzz's onslaught.  buzz has given me heart palpatations in earlier shows.  i guess i just dont learn standing in front of buzz.  and he doesnt wear earplugs either.  dunn also said the melvins were from nashville(hmmm...) buzz prefered to call dunn a stupid asshole during the end of the show.  he apologized, as long as everyone knew that dunn was a stupid asshole. :lol: