MELVINS - 11/11/89 @ UC Davis Coffeehouse, Davis, CA

Started by drumfreak:), November 23, 2013, 01:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumfreak:)

Has two bands with ridicolous names.

Stonergrunge

It's available on dimeadozen as a DVD. Cool thing about the wah pedal (00:45), too bad he didn't use one anymore.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

Oh, I didn´t know that. :)
Yeah....he´d definetly use the wahs again :D

black stallion

i've always been fascinated by that huge cabinet Buzz used back in the days. i wonder if that was part of the nasty sound he had in that era, besides those Sunn heads
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

yeah.....me too.

I don´t wanna start a new thread again so...

Does somebody know what sizes Dale´s Ludwig drumset are which he´s playing here?
And does someone know how he tunes his drums?

Dumpster D

Dales Drum tuning method is what GGGarth used to do back in the Day ( I think Dale said It was GGGarth if I remember correctly)

you just start at one Lug, Then skip over two to the right, and then go back and do two to the left, and then move down to the next Lug beside it and Just keep going, easy as shit.

The idea is not to spend Time mucking around, It effective and goof proof, Ahyuck!

Dumpster D

As for the Ludwig Kit, Its Just a goddamn Beast sent fourth from the pits of hell, I think Dale sold it awhile ago to one of the guys in Tweakbird I THINK*** I think Dale said someone Punked his snare at some show a few years back and he was pretty Upset about it of course, I dont know if that was the original Steel Ludwig snare for the black Ludwig kit or the other big block marching snare that looked like it was 200 years old.

The snare was That gold sparkle 15 incher, Just a HUGE Gut Bucket. 26 Inch Kick ( duno how deep but probly 14)

I think the Rack tom was a 16, and the floor Tom was a 20. The oversize sticks, Bike-Rim and Cymbals were the more important things. 

Okay thank you!
i think the Bike-Rim was a Remo spoxe...do you know if they are still aviable?

The snare that was stolen was his 14x8 Tama Artstar..not the Ludwig :)

But I think....the Ludwig wasn´t soo big.
At least in some of the Tweak Bird vids where Ashton plays the kit it just looks like 24,14,18 to me...could that be right too?
I think that you mean Dale´s Tama Artstar which was 26,16,20,20 :)

And hell yeah...his 15 incher snare is....just fabulous!
I´m going to build a 14x12 snare with a friend of mine soon....and after that we´ll try to build a 15x13!