Iggy Pop's and Mike Patton's Story

Started by Buzzinthebox, April 05, 2014, 07:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzinthebox

Hoping some of you guys can share the stories King Buzzo told of them! I only got to hear the Grohl story in Austin.
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

Bro Hammer

Every time I hear Weezer now (which is enough, I work at a bar with karaoke) I picture something along the lines of this-

Rusty Shackleford

I have a recording of buzz's iggy and Patton stories during the little rock show.  I'll try to get them up soon. 

Buzzinthebox

Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on April 06, 2014, 02:04:30 PM
I have a recording of buzz's iggy and Patton stories during the little rock show.  I'll try to get them up soon. 

That would be great!  :D
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

fastidio

.......hola guapas.....

Rusty Shackleford

rictus

Rusty Shackleford

Maybe a treat after the next presidential election.   

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Buzzinthebox

(PAUL)

Okay, the Iggy Pop story. So this is from memory and won't be as funny as when Buzz told it but I'll do my best. Scott Asheton recently died, so Buzz decided to talk a little bit about the Stooges and specifically Iggy Pop, who he said was a hero to him. He mentioned that he likes pretty much everything that Iggy does, not just the Stooges but all his solo work too. He then mentioned how a while back, before the Stooges reformed that the Melvins played at a festival with Iggy's band at the time, and that the Melvins were on a smaller stage, and after they finished their set everyone rushed over to the bigger stage to see Iggy and his band play. Well at whatever festival this was before Iggy went on the band Weezer was playing, which the audience apparently was appreciating quite a bit, and Buzz said that on the other side of the stage he could see Iggy standing there, looking pissed (he made a face at this point and you could tell it was the not happy face). So Weezer finished their set and the roadies set everything up, and a short amount of time later Iggy comes out with his band. They play for maybe 20 minutes, which according to Buzz sounds real good. So during a pause in between songs Iggy says to the crowd "So how did you like Weezer?", to which the crowd cheers. Iggy then says, "You know what I think about them? FUCK THAT SHIT!!!", slams the microphone down then storms off the stage and goes and yells at his road manager for making him play the show. Buzz then said that the reason that Iggy is a hero to him is that he wouldn't play for an audience that liked Weezer. (at this point someone in the crowd was saying "come on, the blue album is good!" which made me laugh). So that's the Iggy story, I haven't heard the Patton story, you'll have to ask someone else for that one.
Hail, not fail.
PS:  fuck him.

anaconda

the Patton story:

Fantomas are in a van between gigs in Europe and they're extremely late to the next show.
Being out on the open highway with nowhere to stop, Patton takes a shit out the van
window while in transit and wipes up without a second thought about what he just did, all the
while the rest of the band and associates in the van look on in horror, shock and amazement
at Patton. The notorious 'shit terrorist' has struck again!

anaconda

p.s. it could also be the story of him asking a girl to puke in his mouth, or the story where
he drank piss out of a girl's running shoe.  :lol:

Buzzinthebox

Wow thanks I really appreciate it guys. Hey guys Buzz and jeff pinkus told me their new album name last month and I haven't seen anyone mention it, is it cool to mention it or should I hold the info?

anaconda