if someone were about to buy his first melvins album...

Started by mike, August 01, 2004, 10:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Piss-Machine

Leroy

Ozma is better than GPT in my opinion, but that's just what i think.  Bullhead is probably a little more accessible.

Filosofem

go and get honky or prick. then you will see what the melvins are really about.

Methadone Bus

It must be Lysol or Bullhead....

Joe Preston's solo album is grand, as well

anti~vermin

zium

i think the most excessible record is houdini, i think that's the one to start with if  you want to get to know the melvins
my personal fav is ozma, gpt or bullhead..i can't decide which one of these i like best heh

TheSwingSet

bullhead is great, but i would never say greatest...
pickup stag, lysol(melvins),h.a.t., gpt...then get back to us...
"SwingSet you look like a bunch of guys I know in Ireland.  It's a particular  look I can't describe.  A sort of don't fuck with me or I'll kill you look.
I mean all this in the nicest possible way of course"
--conj

crazyslap

get bullhead or gluey porch treatments. Bullhead was my first one and my favorite.

flyinghouses

.  :D
(.)(.)

/(())\

Beto Brasil

Trading music since 1999 :

Update : http://www.themelvins.net/beto/DVD.htm

HighOnFire

I started off with Houdini and Stoner Witch so i would go for both of them aswell as Bullhead. Either way you cant go wrong  :lol:

lemmeseethatrectum

i think everyone has it right on here, get stoner witch, houdini, HAT or Lysol (s/t) first as they will probably be the easiest for someone just getting into them to enjoy, although there are a lot of opitons, some of which i have yet to hear (like electroretard)

Huey P. Newton

My frist was Stoner Witch. That, Ozma, Gluey Porch Treatments, and 10 songs are all good starters.