Buzz interview at Punknews

Started by johnnyg, June 03, 2014, 08:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyg

Here's an interview with Buzz at punknews. He talks the new solo LP, Biafra's influences, Dylan, and just a tiny bit of the next Melvins album near the end...

http://www.punknews.org/article/55021/interviews-buzz-osborne-the-melvins

bUTTHOLEmAN

That was a good interview.

"What do you do when you're halfway through a set and it is not going well. Do you get shaken up? Do you just try to relax and focus?
I try to get centered and bare down. I try to think about what I do that makes me want to do this to begin with. I've never stormed off stage or anything like that. You just soldier through it. That's the best way to describe it. Try to make it work.

Let's squash any rumors before any rumors get started. The Melvins are still and band you will have new releases coming out in the future, correct?
We have a new album coming out in October! "

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

(the) flutter nuts

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 03, 2014, 08:13:58 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the shits real bad.

Buzzinthebox

Quote from: (the) flutter nuts on June 03, 2014, 08:16:07 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on June 03, 2014, 08:13:58 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hopefully its what he and jeff told me! I swear if they tricked me... lol
"This is America. I don't want a tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian." - Stephen Colbert

buddy holiday

thanks for sharing the interview. that was a good one!

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

Hot Pants

im ready for another Melvins/Big Biz album myself.
the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

black stallion

Quote from: Hot Pants on June 04, 2014, 05:56:09 AM
im ready for another Melvins/Big Biz album myself.

i think this upcoming release isn't with Big biz

Bigval

Has there been any real reason given why the last album with Big Biz was back in 2010?

I know they did the B&B EP in 2012 and toured as part of the Melvins in December so it's not like they're no longer in the band. Just strange it's set to be 4 years (or more) between albums.

black stallion

what's the last show they did with coady&jared?

buddy holiday

meezer

"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

black stallion

Quote from: buddy holiday on June 04, 2014, 08:57:20 AM
Quote from: black stallion on June 04, 2014, 08:54:08 AM
what's the last show they did with coady&jared?
NYE in frisco?

ah,so the Australian tour was before of that! it's a long time indeed but i guess they just took a break to record the new stuff. i guess BB are still part of the Melvins

Bigval

Yeah the Melvins/Helmet co-headlining Australian tour was December last year and it was the proper 4 piece version.

meezer

Quote from: Bigval on June 04, 2014, 10:20:16 AM
Yeah the Melvins/Helmet co-headlining Australian tour was December last year and it was the proper 4 piece version.
:lol: "proper". Take that, Kevin lovers!  :P
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix