The Colossus of Destiny: A Melvins Tale

Started by Idlehanz, January 30, 2015, 07:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

I just finished watching. It's fantastic, I liked every bit of it.
Thanks for making the movie Idlehanz and Co. You can rightfully be proud of your product.
Now I am looking forward to getting the boxset!

(the) flutter nuts

Amazing movie! Well done Bob and Ryan, this is something to be very proud of! The 2hrs flew by, i feel this movie could have been a great 6 hour film

I got the shits real bad.

Idlehanz

Thanks for all the kind words and reviews.  And hey, if you want to put that out there on Facebook and tag us, we wont complain :)

Seriously, I'm excited that we are getting it out there finally without too many hiccups.  There will always be problems, but so far its been mostly smooth and the reaction has been mostly positive.  If anyone on here has had a problem streaming, please PM me and I will help to resolve the issue as quickly as I can. 

Its pretty mind-blowing to read all the nice things being said.  After working on this for 5 years, I'm stoked to read such good things ( and I'm sure Bob is as well). 

Cheers!   :cheers:

jonE5

I got home late last night and saw the email. Then stayed up till past 3 am and watched the whole thing.
Absolutely fantastic work!.. Thank you for this labor of love. I enjoyed every second of it.
Loved how their work ethic was a central topic that kept coming up.
I really look forward to receiving my blue ray and watching all of the extras...
               Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all of the hard work.

Hot Pants

the place where i sleep is cold and abandoned
you can't even fathom a hole being dug so deep

deatheats

linoleum blownapart

Nice job Idle.  I saw the email last night too.  Still have about 30 or so mins left.

I like the little breaks you took.  Started with some history, and then Buzz talking about releasing the small batch records, then back to the history time line.  etc. 

Hands down you really put in a lot of time for love. and did it justice.

kind of wish I would have gotten the third disk now.
thrower of the bong water balloons

Rusty Shackleford

Quote from: linoleum blownapart on May 17, 2017, 01:23:52 PMkind of wish I would have gotten the third disk now.

Me too.  Great job to all involved.  This band deserves it. 

The part that cracked me up the most was Kevin doing Jello's voice. 

John Schuller

So stoked to be back home from Seattle so that I can watch this documentary again. Great job all around! Good things come to those of us who wait!!!

glen

Third Man Records in Detroit 8 pm tonight.    anybody??   hello???               
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Chomas

Cant wait to watch it tonight!  Missed the email just saw its available now.

Question:  When do the $307 deluxe DVD sets ship?

glen

SEENT IT!!

loved it.     

Third Man Records has a killer sound system, FYI.

some of those old clips...  Dale bashing away on LEEECH...  EYE FLYS from about 1985...  oh man.      the Night Goat part..   and so on and so forth.

plus I chuckled sensibly thinking that my homie Ryan was probably the guy sitting next to Buzz in the car. that information was later verified. 

I never met the guy face to face in my life.   but strangely I felt like an old high school friend was there with him.  I felt like I had some secret deeper knowledge than the rest of the folks in the room.    Hey Ryan!  thanks for letting me live vicariously!!   
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Chief Ten Beers

Just watched the whole thing this morning with a pot of coffee. Outstanding job Bob & Ryan, you guys knocked it out of the park =D>. Film has a great flow, never a dull moment. I could see how it must have been hard to decide what to cut/edit down.  Can't wait to check out what's on the 2nd disc.

>>>JZS<<<