Sweet Willy
Bride of Crankin
Growing Disgust
Doomed
YOA
BIT
Yer Blessened
History of Drunks

They really closed with A History of Drunks? huh.

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: Peebot on August 28, 2015, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 27, 2015, 06:32:45 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on August 27, 2015, 04:50:38 PM
Any word of a setlist by chance?
Onions
Evil New War God
Water Glass
Bloated Pope
Billy the Fish
Civilized Worm
Anaconda
Sweet Willy
Bride of Crankin
Growing Disgust
Doomed
YOA
BIT
Yer Blessened
History of Drunks

Yah, that should be History of Bad Men.
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

BlueBob

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Peebot

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 28, 2015, 03:05:23 PM
Quote from: Peebot on August 28, 2015, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 27, 2015, 06:32:45 PM
Quote from: Captain CoryCory on August 27, 2015, 04:50:38 PM
Any word of a setlist by chance?
Onions
Evil New War God
Water Glass
Bloated Pope
Billy the Fish
Civilized Worm
Anaconda
Sweet Willy
Bride of Crankin
Growing Disgust
Doomed
YOA
BIT
Yer Blessened
History of Drunks

Yah, that should be History of Bad Men.

That makes more sense. and god DAMN what a closing cluster that is! holy shit. Sounds like an awesome show, thanks so much for sharing the setlist.

John Schuller

I do have to say....the setlist although great is starting to grow tiresome. Not enough variety between tours. I mean Youth Of America has been in constant rotation since the Melvins vs. Unsane tour two or three years ago.

buddy holiday

Quote from: sadcorps on August 28, 2015, 04:36:27 PM
I do have to say....the setlist although great is starting to grow tiresome. Not enough variety between tours. I mean Youth Of America has been in constant rotation since the Melvins vs. Unsane tour two or three years ago.
i do agree...
i could certainly do without the water glass, which has been in the set for 5 years. maybe they change things a bit for europe, but i doubt it. i would have loved to hear captain comedown with this lineup.
that said, it still is once again a great setlist... any live melvins is top quality. by the time they get to europe they will be a crushing monster!

black stallion

i guess it's A History of Bad Man instead of History of Drunks
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 29, 2015, 06:06:07 AM
I do have to say....the setlist although great is starting to grow tiresome. Not enough variety between tours.
For a band with over 30 records and lots of interesting material over their career, it's a travesty that they keep on including some of the same songs again and again. The Bit, Youth Of America, The Water Glass - those three in particular should not be played again for 10 years or more! I wouldn't even personally call them Melvins songs that are all that great either! Why not something like 'Grin' from Honky? That's a great song and is so overlooked.

problem is: different line up. if they had just one they would be able to change the set list more often.

Bro Hammer

Quote from: buddy holiday on August 29, 2015, 02:01:36 AM
i do agree...
i could certainly do without the water glass, which has been in the set for 5 years. maybe they change things a bit for europe, but i doubt it. i would have loved to hear captain comedown with this lineup.
that said, it still is once again a great setlist... any live melvins is top quality. by the time they get to europe they will be a crushing monster!

Yeah they really need to drop The Water Glass from the set, or at least just play the opening part which is (fuggin badass) and not do the whole call and response thing(which was novel and cool 5 years ago but now it's just kinda dumb). They could play YOA for the rest of their touring life and I'd be fine with that though!

meezer

The more I see The Water Glass, the more I love it. But, I would like more rotation of songs in and out of the set. Just glad I saw the 30th Tour. Best variety ever.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

Captain CoryCory

What's really shocking here is there's absolutely nothing from Houdini. Not even Night Goat.

Admittedly I was remiss to not hear Hooch at the recent tour but The Bit and Youth of America more than made up for it!

Bro Hammer

Quote from: Captain CoryCory on August 29, 2015, 01:05:56 PM
What's really shocking here is there's absolutely nothing from Houdini. Not even Night Goat.

Admittedly I was remiss to not hear Hooch at the recent tour but The Bit and Youth of America more than made up for it!

They played Night Goat with Pinkus when he first toured with them. I'll never forget the look on Pinkus's face every time he would scream. That was last summer? I think? It was when Jared was on paternal leave so it was Buzz, Dale, Coady and Pinkus.

EDIT!
I'm stoopid and just realized you're talking about this new particular set. DERP!

black stallion

At The Stake is the highlight of the whole set list. you guys should check it.... i posted a video in the Melvins Video Thread