San Francisco September 9th, 2015 GAMH

Started by GrimReaper, September 04, 2015, 12:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idlehanz

Quote from: glen on September 10, 2015, 07:21:42 AM
they went surprisingly easy on me.        and I had the phone all propped up against the sleeping wife's ear.

You were lucky.  I was to damned tired after the show to even think of further harassment.

glen

Quote from: Idlehanz on September 10, 2015, 11:02:59 AM
they went surprisingly easy on me.        and I had the phone all propped up against the sleeping wife's ear.

You were lucky.  I was to damned tired after the show to even think of further harassment.

did you lose dan?    I've heard hide nor hair. 
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Idlehanz

Quote from: glen on September 10, 2015, 11:38:11 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 10, 2015, 11:02:59 AM

did you lose dan?    I've heard hide nor hair.

He's in the other room fucking around.  I'll go crop dust him.

Uncle Danny

Had a great time.  Ran into some old friends, got to meet Coady, Walsby and Buzz.  Even finally met Grim in person (albeit briefly) after the show.

The opening act seemed to consist of 17 year olds, two girls, two boys.  They were fine, I guess.  I was glad they only played around 20 minutes, but really have no complaints.  Stoked for them getting a gig like that at their age.

Shockingly, I'd never seen a live BB set before.  I was not disappointed.  It was a very different experience watching Jared's bass playing in BB versus what he does in the Melvins.  Totally different style.... which, I know... duh!

Melvins were ferocious.  I've not seen them as often as many of you, probably 6 or 7 times now, but this was by far the best that I've seen to date.  Buzz seemed legitimately pissed off -- in a good way -- and while Jared didn't do much bantering, his usual sense of humor was definitely still on display.  Watching Coady and Dale play together is ALWAYS a treat.

After the show, while Idle was doing his rockstar thing, I hung outside that's when I met Buzz and Coady (I introduced myself to Walsby before the show).  All three were very kind, took multiple pictures with me and yada yada.  I left with a great impression of each of them.  Idle took me backstage a short while later, but Jared and Dale were both occupied, so I didn't get an introduction.

Fucking fantastic night, all in all.  Except now I'm hungover.

the ether bunny

Quote from: Uncle Danny on September 09, 2015, 10:34:04 PM
Where are you, grim and ether?

I was around. Kind of being pulled around by a few social groups. Good times had by all, but sad I missed the always pleasant face of Uncy-D!

Went with my girlfriend, picked up her dad from his pad in the lower Haight. Met up with one of my best friends who turned me on to the Melvins back in 2002. Also came across an old guitar center co-worker of mine who I turned onto the Melvins back in 2005 or so.

As states, the opening band was a band called Continuum. Some of their grandparents were ahead of me in the box office line to get their guest list passes. I saw some of said grandparents near the end of the night, and they did not look all too happy. 17 year old getting early exposure - the female vocalist/guitar player was desperately out of tune, but their 17 year old friends didn't seem to mind. Not too sure on how they scored this gig, but good on 'em.

Big Business as a two piece. I never thought I'd see the day again! They killed it. In all honesty, I haven't paid much attention to them since Mind The Drift, and I didn't recognize anything from their set. I bought their last album on clear vinyl at the end of the night. Jared made a joke near the end of the set about how happy he was to be back at the fantastic great American music hall, and how he was looking forward to them tearing it down to build condos. If anyone is familiar with the current state of San Francisco, and how the classic haunts are being demolished to build outrageously priced condos for Silicon Valley tech bros, you'd get how depressingly hilarious this was for us.

The Melvins - what can I say. I've seen this band a solid 20 times in the last 13 years, and rarely to they disappoint. The setlist was no frills and had a ton of songs that I'm always happy to hear live, but nothing outta the ordinary.

The Bit
Youth of America
A History of Bad Men
A Civilized Worm
At the Stake (I was pretty pumped on this one)

Not in that order, plus several others. yadda yadda yadda. Buzz was all over the stage. Seriously high energy and louder than normal. Good fucking times! My girlfriends dad has impeccable taste in music and hadn't seen the melvs since the early 90's. He was blown away by Coady as a drummer during the Big Biz set, and even more so by the combo with Dale.

I handn't seen this lineup in years - they still fucking got it.
he was a mongoloid.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Swampy says another Altamont show is coming up.

Uncle Danny

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 11, 2015, 05:48:55 PM

Homeless guy we met after the show.

:cheers:

Yeah.  Who was that fucker in the Buzzo shirt?  Creeped me right out.

bUTTHOLEmAN

:lol:
That guy in the back looks like he's up to no good!
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

Uncle Danny