connection

Started by coodies, October 27, 2004, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coodies

if someone likes the lysol album...how could they not like the mel/lust comp...like prindle sed it's heavy

i never cared too much for honke but you guys compared it to "Pigs" and now i understand

i just want more people to like the mel/lust comp...i give it a solid 8.

steve

Quoteif someone likes the lysol album...how could they not like the mel/lust comp...like prindle sed it's heavy
Lysol is 30 minutes of music... there is something going on all the time. And it is heavy as hell.

"Pigs" is completely different.... there's music and other stuff. Some of the other stuff is good, some of it can be skipped.
...Steve

Jess

yeah at first as with most melvins stuff i overlooked much.  but pigs is a motherfucker of an album.  

anyone feel disappointed when the melvins try something new but then realize that it's perfect?

EGO the Living Planet

I really don't understand why so many folks around here ain't diggin' PotRE. I think it's a defineate high point and I don't think it's that far out of line for the MELVINS at all.

turnacus

because PoTRE isn't HAT. And alot of people wanted a second HAT.

PoTRE isn't bad at all, it just doesnt bring as much rock. Too much ambience/stupid noisey blips.

I mean, seirously, the last song and the bonus track arent even songs. Just crap.
Van Hagar

Dog Tired

You guys have to realize this.

It's not a melvins album.

It's a melvins and lustmord album.

That's why about half of the album sounds like the melvins.

benton netty

Quote from: Dog TiredYou guys have to realize this.

It's not a melvins album.

It's a melvins and lustmord album.

That's why about half of the album sounds like the melvins.

i actually think you're right on the money with this.

my initial response was probably partially based on my assumption that it was going to be a melvins album with this lustmord guy doing stuff on the side. i still wish it had been.

oh well. there are still 20-odd albums that i can listen to and enjoy. that's a pretty good average, i'd say.

Ron Maiden

Quoteanyone feel disappointed when the melvins try something new but then realize that it's perfect?

Prick is still the biggest pile pf shit I've heard.

or is that a "Snivlem" realese?

Michael

Pigs of the Roman Empire is fantastic.  I cannot see how anyone who has even remotely followed the Melvins output over the years could fail to see the merits of this album.  I admit, the whole works a lot better than the individual parts.  This is not an album I would put on just to hear one song, it is a piece of music that is meant to be listened to in its entirety.  I think the untitled secret song sounds absolutely beautiful after hearing everything that came before it.  Certain pieces taken out of context may not be immediately gratifying but I think that this is a bold, beautiful and heavy album.

I am sure in the fine tradition of Honky and even Stag, people will come to appreciate Pigs of the Roman Empire more and more as time elapses.

Jess

yeah i agree.  givin time, i bet most will realize the brilliance of this album.  i admit for while the only song i liked was the bloated pope.  

what is it about their music that takes a while to settle in and grow on me?   i KNEW i would like the album before i got it, didn't at first, now it's primo stuff imo.

THE GREATEST BAND IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC--THE MELVINS

coodies

potre        (1200) = hung bunnies (without lustmord stuff)
pinkbats   (530) = roman (minus fast forward)
saftythird (610) = sacrifice
thelastbit  (100) = second coming
toadi acce (250) = ballad of dwight (minus lusty end)
bloat pope (345) = with teeth
ttl time     (3115)

burn that and smoke it

the improved lysol. that last track with teeth is garbage i'm sorry it sucks.

this is all original material!!!

safety IS supposed to sound like a 4 track cassette...i've got a nice stereo in the car and i put it on different settings when that song comes on.

They are NOT a joke on music!

coodies

the heavyist thing i heard is still

under the sun by black sabbath

hit by a bulldozer with slaves!

grachan

Pigs is in my Melvins top 5. Easily.

HAT might get into my top 10, but probably not.

Galvano

Quote from: coodies

They are NOT a joke on music!

Who ever said they were?

And god I love With Teeth. It's so sad to me for some reason, so beautiful.

Jess

me too galvano, in my imagined melvins cover band we play that song and i sing. :?:  :idea:  :toke: