themelvins.net Tribute III 2022

Started by GrimReaper, December 29, 2015, 10:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dumpster D

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 29, 2020, 01:44:40 AM
You did a great job on the Queen 2020 Capt'n Melvin!

Thanks Grim. That means a lot.

It's been a long time coming, could have gotten it done sooner, I wanted to do it right.

Play it LOUD!!!

GrimReaper

https://youtu.be/NntvjUzoLIw

Tito McGuffin soundscape!!

The Amazing Journey of Snivlem the Bear!!

Left all "people" photos out of the video. I hope the pets don't mind being featured!!!

Green Honey

Quote from: LuckMach3 on September 24, 2020, 09:47:56 AM
Quote from: Dumpster D on September 24, 2020, 04:10:11 AM
I say you can get over it, and jump on the bandwagon now, it's not too late to drop a track.

I'm over it and just joking around.  Hard to tell on a message board but I don't take too much, including myself, very seriously.

Iirc the original tribute fizzled out a bit and then Green Honey rebooted it like 6 months later with all the tracks except my Beara cover of History of Bad Men because he didn't like it.  He didn't bother to tell me either just quietly deleted it and wouldn't add it again when I called him out on it.  Interesting to know it's possible to out weird Melvins fans!   :lol:  That was kind of the whole point of Beara too.  I felt like there were WAY too many judgemental people in the underground music scene.  I wanted Beara to tap into that final area I hadn't seen art tackle; calling out music fans on their own hypocrisies when it comes to being a non conformist and actually rebelling for real instead of wearing black clothing or whatever hackneyed shit that's been done a million times.  (Black clothing is cool, hypocrisy is not.)

Enter Beara and our History of Bad Men Cover.  The dual drumming is pretty much like the original so nothing too weird there.  But then you get to the fact that there's only bass and no guitar.  You would be amazed over the amount of idiots who think a band just simply can not function without a guitar as if it's the be all end all instrument or something.  That adds to the weirdness.  But you know what I loved the absolute most?  The vocals.  Everything about it is just "wrong".  It feels dirty.  It feels off.  The singer rarely hits any correct notes and he's out of time for half the song.  It also sounds as if a serial killer hijacked a band far more talented than him and refused to let us go unless we play for him.  It honestly puts me in gut laughter every time I hear how "wrong" the performance is.  While the rhythmn section captures the original recording pretty well I think the vocals capture the spirit of the Prick album perfect.  It's a dumb joke that's actually kind of smart if you think about it.

The funny thing is that my cover actually grows on you if you listen to it like 3-5 times.  It's super weird, like The Melvins.  I wonder if Green Honey even sat through it once.   :lol:  Oh well.  I still think it was a dick move.  How big does ones ego have to be to cut a guy from a fun, free tribute just cause you don't like what they did?  I've had all kinds of people tell me I'm brilliant, that Beara should be signed (and I'd bet money we would be if the other members weren't lazy asshats),  that Beara was better live than signed bands they had paid to see, and it goes on and on.  But honestly there's a certain joy I get in seeing people who take shit too seriously get pissed off.  So....mission accomplished in pissing off Green Honey I suppose?   :lol:  I assure you I'm not mad though and just find the whole thing funny.

As far as making a new song goes it's just not in the cards for the foreseeable future for many reasons.  My equipment isn't properly set up which is why my vocal cover of Revolve sounded like I was singing very quietly, I was in order to hear myself.  I think my version is neat to hear once but that version doesn't have to end up on the official playlist.  I'm also moving near Detroit very soon!  As you can imagine the majority of my time is going to the move.  Don't you occasionally go to shows there?

But I look forward to hearing more covers!  You guys have kicked ass so far.   8)

I don't think I've listened to your cover until a few days ago when it was uploaded to YouTube. I thought it was good! The tribute was 10 years ago though so there's that. It's funny to read about yourself being called out for something I don't remember doing. The only problem I remember there being was a really petty issue with the Lovely Butterfly cover.  But I apologise if that was the case with yours. Peacex

LuckMach3

Quote from: Green Honey on October 02, 2020, 09:48:03 AM
I don't think I've listened to your cover until a few days ago when it was uploaded to YouTube. I thought it was good! The tribute was 10 years ago though so there's that. It's funny to read about yourself being called out for something I don't remember doing. The only problem I remember there being was a really petty issue with the Lovely Butterfly cover.  But I apologise if that was the case with yours. Peacex

No worries dude!  Hell maybe I even remembered the wrong dude.   :lol:  I do actually enjoy your cover I was just giving you shit.  Have a good Friday!  :cheers:
Buttholeman is a power tripping emotional abuser.  He censors my posts and says I need mental health help.  He's a jerk.  Please don't listen to him.  People DO love and respect your opinions.  I'm one of those people.  I love you. PM me if you're stressed.

Start with the following link if you feel sad: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3ZQPezglQ

Green Honey

This is turning out to be an epic collection!

Idlehanz

Quote from: GrimReaper on September 26, 2020, 11:30:04 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 13, 2020, 09:50:46 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on September 13, 2020, 05:25:37 AM

https://youtu.be/36mifrT3MX8

Starlite Agency! Night Goat!

=D> =D> =D>

Fun fact: We recorded the vox and a few other sounds for this inside the Melvan.

The engine at the end.... is that the Melvan's engine turning over and then starting?
Yes.

Dumpster D

Quote from: Idlehanz on October 02, 2020, 02:22:22 PM
Quote from: GrimReaper on September 26, 2020, 11:30:04 AM
Quote from: Idlehanz on September 13, 2020, 09:50:46 AM
Quote from: GrimReaper on September 13, 2020, 05:25:37 AM

https://youtu.be/36mifrT3MX8

Starlite Agency! Night Goat!

=D> =D> =D>

Fun fact: We recorded the vox and a few other sounds for this inside the Melvan.

The engine at the end.... is that the Melvan's engine turning over and then starting?
Yes.

LOL

That's amazing it still fired up, what is it again a '72 dodge?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

GrimReaper

https://youtu.be/213wy_e-ZFg

Last of the creative process! Next is the completed "Queen 2020"!

Great job JFK!!

=D> =D> =D>

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Dumpster D

JASONALEXANDER

"DM is a real american hero." (Fart Lips 27.09.2023)