Started by Живојиновић, June 24, 2009, 03:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amazonAMAZON

Wow, first time seeing the source!

black stallion

Charmicarmicat:Bastards

vince furnier

Quote from: black stallion on March 30, 2024, 07:01:59 PM
that's the Teen Spirit USA shirt one of the sax guys in Mr Bungle was wearing the first time i saw them in 95. they were wearing masks but i swear the guy was playing auxiliary percussion so it was prob Theo the murderer dude (allegedly).  :lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Dumpster D

Dale's Shades are friggen' badddassss!!!

Dumpster D

))))((((

A quick google of that book and it's from 1961 apparently. I wonder if it was something someone in the band had as a child.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: Dumpster D on March 30, 2024, 09:08:30 PM
Quote from: Mount Ambulance on March 30, 2024, 12:51:41 PM

Woah, who found, and posted that!!?!?

Know those classic kids' book mock ups all over online? Where the title is subbed out for a new cheeky/offensive title? One of those popped up in my FB feed and it was the GPT image. I just did a Googly image search to find the real book. Turns out there are a few old kids' books with same image as cover ... Sunshine ABC appeared to be the OG.
It was a big night out on the town for the Id and the Reptile Brain ...

like a brick wall, like a dream waiting to be!

vince furnier

just made this. Hail Conda!

Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

Mount Ambulance

"Back in 1904, L. Frank Baum released his highly anticipated sequel to 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' entitled, "The Marvelous Land of Oz". In this book, Baum told the story of a young boy, Tip, who learns he was actually born a girl and had been living in the wrong body for his entire life. Near the end of the story, Tip becomes her true self, Ozma"

amazonAMAZON

Wow, damn. Maybe "Friends of Dorothy" wasn't too far off after all. Always thought it was odd all the connections between Wizard of Oz and LGBT+.

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on April 05, 2024, 06:07:11 PMWow, damn. Maybe "Friends of Dorothy" wasn't too far off after all. Always thought it was odd all the connections between Wizard of Oz and LGBT+.

Yeah, I knew Dodge lifted it from some fairy tale/fantasy book for years, but never knew the actual source. That pic and description of the book just popped up on my FB feed from some Wizard of Oz group (no idea why? that algorithm is a real weirdo). Noticed her headband instantly and was like ... "yo, hold the door"!

Never really knew much about the Wiz. Knew of but never read the book. Didn't know it was a series of books. Probably saw the movie as a kid, must have. Watched it a couple times all baked later in life, thought it was cool. Never been a touchstone of any kind tho. As for the links/significance to LBGTQ+ history/community didn't know but makes sense.

John Schuller

Here is Shirley Temple playing Ozma in Shirley Temple's Storybook TV show (episode called The Land of Oz).

Damnit - well here is a link, I have no idea how to get an image into a post.
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ozwikia/images/9/9f/Shirley_Temple_as_Ozma.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160319034036

Mount Ambulance

Quote from: John Schuller on April 05, 2024, 07:35:12 PM

Here is Shirley Temple playing Ozma in Shirley Temple's Storybook TV show (episode called The Land of Oz).

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ozwikia/images/9/9f/Shirley_Temple_as_Ozma.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160319034036

Yeah I saw that earlier when I was checking all this out ... but it was just like right now the connection dawned on me ... woah!  :lol:

John Schuller

Quote from: Mount Ambulance on April 05, 2024, 07:45:37 PM
Quote from: John Schuller on April 05, 2024, 07:35:12 PM

Yeah I saw that earlier when I was checking all this out ... but it was just like right now the connection dawned on me ... woah!  :lol:

Same here!!!

))))((((