The best Melvins of the 2010s (So far)...

Started by Captain CoryCory, June 29, 2016, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain CoryCory

I was intending to do a thread on this when that mystery album comes out in the fall but why not now?

It's simple as this: Rank the Melvins albums that came out in the 2010s (thus far) as you see it from favorite to least favorite. You're more than welcome to add releases as you see fit but for the sake of this I'm going with just studio albums and the Bulls & the Bees EP. And of course adding releases as seen fit or when opinions change/flip-flop.

That said, here's my from favorite to not-so-favorite:

- Tres Cabrones (2013)
- Three Men and a Baby (2016)
- Freak Puke (2012)
- The Bulls & The Bees (2012)
- Basses Loaded (2016)
- Everybody Loves Sausages (2013)
- Hold It In (2014)
- The Bride Screamed Murder (2010)

meezer

- Freak Puke (2012)

- Tres Cabrones (2013)

- Hold It In (2014)

- Basses Loaded (2016)

- The Bulls & The Bees (2012)*too short
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

rimb

- Freak Puke (2012)
- Hold It In (2014)
- Basses Loaded (2016)
- The Bulls & The Bees (2012)
- Tres Cabrones (2013)

Really need to listen to all these albums more....

JUDY

-Freak Puke
-Freak Puke
-Freak Puke
-Freak Puke
-Freak Puke

Did I mention -Freak Puke ?

Honorable mention to
Bulls & Bees

(they are all very good I just want more freak puke).

some guy

freak puke (best since h.a.t., which was the best since lysol)
bulls & the bees (pretty much perfect)
bride screamed murder (grown on me over time, the stretch of songs from pig house to hospital up is great)
basses loaded (i dig it)
hold it in (bit inconsistent but good)
tres cabrones (i like doctor mule, city dump and the lewd cover over everything else)

three men and a baby would probably be between basses & hold it in, everybody loves sausages goes below hold it in (they're side releases 2 me)

That's neither here Nora there

))))((((

1. Freak Puke
2. The Bride Screamed Murder
3. Basses Loaded
4. The Bulls & The Bees
5. Three Men And A Baby
6. Hold It In
7. Tres Cabrones
8. Everybody Loves Sausages

I think the general consensus here is we need more Melvins Lite!!!

Oscar

homeless_dad

Does This Machine Kills Artists count??  That's my #1.

Bride, Mike&melvins, Freak puke, snausages, bases...then....

Bulls/Bees....and then.......

everything else.

Is Ian back yet??

))))((((

Quote from: Oscar on June 30, 2016, 03:29:35 PM
Sugar Daddy
A fine live record somewhat ruined by that totally unnecessary cringe cover of Star Spangled Banner!! EVERY time i listen to this record i have to jump up out of my seat and skip that unfortunate decision. It's even worse as a fan knowing some of the live set of great songs were cut for the album. Why Melvins, why must you always include at least one silly, embarrassing song i can't stand??!!?

Oscar

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 30, 2016, 03:57:02 PM
Sugar Daddy
A fine live record somewhat ruined by that totally unnecessary cringe cover of Star Spangled Banner!! EVERY time i listen to this record i have to jump up out of my seat and skip that unfortunate decision. It's even worse as a fan knowing some of the live set of great songs were cut for the album. Why Melvins, why must you always include at least one silly, embarrassing song i can't stand??!!?

I thought it was great. When I saw them live on that tour, it felt perfectly embedded and gave the set one last twist before launching into friggin BORIS to close it out.

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on June 30, 2016, 03:57:02 PM
Sugar Daddy
EVERY time i listen to this record i have to jump up out of my seat and skip that unfortunate decision.

:lol:
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Not to go all anti-USA here, but a part of why i hate that song so much (and when i say song i mean ANY rendition of that song by ANY artist) is because i suddenly picture American flags everywhere and silly baseball games or overly patriotic people. If i wasn't familiar with it, it might not bother me too much but the fact it's so well known irritates me. Especially in the context of where you would normally hear it - sports events, silly rallies etc. What's worse is i don't think the Melvins version is even tongue in cheek. Im sure it's straight up patriotism. I, and probably many other non-American Melvins fans, can do without that. For sure, national anthems suck the world over! That includes the English one too.

Dumpster D

I think its Just a nostalgic song made even cooler by my favourite band, and Im not reading into it more than at face value until I get a head full of acid and play this album ok?

meezer

Quote from: ))))(((( on July 01, 2016, 06:01:55 AM
Not to go all anti-USA here, but a part of why i hate that song so much (and when i say song i mean ANY rendition of that song by ANY artist) is because i suddenly picture American flags everywhere and silly baseball games or overly patriotic people. If i wasn't familiar with it, it might not bother me too much but the fact it's so well known irritates me. Especially in the context of where you would normally hear it - sports events, silly rallies etc. What's worse is i don't think the Melvins version is even tongue in cheek. Im sure it's straight up patriotism. I, and probably many other non-American Melvins fans, can do without that. For sure, national anthems suck the world over! That includes the English one too.
I think you're wrong about that one. Totally tongue in cheek.
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix