Mark Deutrom The Silent Treatment Vinyl release

Started by dirtmerchant, December 13, 2017, 09:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

))))((((

Quote from: PepsiMike on February 09, 2018, 07:47:37 PM
Interesting interview. 'The silent treatment' references the way Dale and buzz treated him.
I truly can't wait for Buzzo's negative, spiteful reaction to this interview statement while Dale sits beside him uncomfortably saying nothing as per usual!

black stallion

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 09, 2018, 10:33:58 AM
He's almost 60!!! Goodness, i didn't think he was that old. He doesn't look that old.

same here.

most talented musician they ever played with

QuoteI think there's a certain harmonic language I brought to the Melvins that wasn't there before," Deutrom said, modestly. "The idea of dissonance as a musical goal – that's something the Melvins always did. I think I contributed to more of the musical side of dissonance. Anybody that hears the Melvins and all the phases they've been through, they can hear it."
Charmicarmicat:Bastards

))))((((

Does anyone know if 'The Value Of Decay' and 'Brief Sensuality...' are to get reissued on CD like this album also?

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 11, 2018, 06:02:09 AM
Does anyone know if 'The Value Of Decay' and 'Brief Sensuality...' are to get reissued on CD like this album also?
fingers crossed on that one
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

))))((((

Quote from: vince furnier on February 11, 2018, 06:38:41 AM
I really am. I'd love to own his albums. Especially Value Of Decay, that ones majestic!

Quote from: black stallion on February 10, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
Im not very good at assessing things like that but i think in terms of work produced outside of Melvins, it's pretty undeniable that Mark is the man.

buddy holiday

Quote from: ))))(((( on February 11, 2018, 08:06:13 AM
Quote from: vince furnier on February 11, 2018, 06:38:41 AM
I really am. I'd love to own his albums. Especially Value Of Decay, that ones majestic!

Quote from: black stallion on February 10, 2018, 10:06:10 AM
Im not very good at assessing things like that but i think in terms of work produced outside of Melvins, it's pretty undeniable that Mark is the man.
CDs available here https://shop.season-of-mist.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=mark+deutrom

))))((((

Quote from: buddy holiday on February 11, 2018, 10:28:06 AM
CDs available here https://shop.season-of-mist.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=mark+deutrom
Thanks for the link Buddy, but i only ever buy online from Amazon. I see that the CD has a release date of 6th April so i guess it will be more widely available then.

))))((((

Got my copy of The Silent Treatment this morning. I see it comes with a bonus track 'OKC'. I haven't listened to it yet and im curious whether that was recorded along with the rest of the album or if it is something more contemporary from Mark.