European Tour 2018

Started by h3r3t!c, June 20, 2018, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddy holiday

Quote from: ripz on October 07, 2018, 02:25:43 PM
Holy shit fucking awesome
yeah man cool show, I liked them better than one year ago. first time with pinkus for me. the 2 bassist setup works really well for me also great set list. eventhough personally I could do without the bowie and stones covers... but well, not that they hurt either.
we were standing more to stevens side. highlights: at a crawl, stop/moving to florida, let it all be. also they closed with rebel girl and brought the 2 shitkid members on stage for that.
all in all nothing drastic to report; melvins are still my best band ever.

also merch: ozma and pinkus shirts. they also have another limited edition shirt that has parts of the paris showposter printed, i.e. the 2 swans and uses a stoner witch melvins font. looked nice but I passed. my friend bought the ozma shirt.
cds: pinkus abortion technician (ipecac version, signed) and pinkus cd.
you could get the bern show poster (as posted by budspawn) for a pay-what-you-want price.

ripz

A few more from last night. That was incredible. Pummelling. Probably the heaviest I've seen.

ripz

ripz

ripz

Quote from: buddy holiday on October 08, 2018, 02:36:09 AM
Quote from: ripz on October 07, 2018, 02:25:43 PM
Holy shit fucking awesome
yeah man cool show, I liked them better than one year ago. first time with pinkus for me. the 2 bassist setup works really well for me also great set list. eventhough personally I could do without the bowie and stones covers... but well, not that they hurt either.
we were standing more to stevens side. highlights: at a crawl, stop/moving to florida, let it all be. also they closed with rebel girl and brought the 2 shitkid members on stage for that.
all in all nothing drastic to report; melvins are still my best band ever.

also merch: ozma and pinkus shirts. they also have another limited edition shirt that has parts of the paris showposter printed, i.e. the 2 swans and uses a stoner witch melvins font. looked nice but I passed. my friend bought the ozma shirt.
cds: pinkus abortion technician (ipecac version, signed) and pinkus cd.
you could get the bern show poster (as posted by budspawn) for a pay-what-you-want price.
Yep. I saw them last year in orlando and it was more fast and punkish. I appreciate the slow and heavy.

Im from florida! I enjoyed the florida jabs.

I walked up to two groupd of two guys and asked "buddy holiday? Budspawn?". I think they thought i was selling weed. 😂

surfling

great show, as always, although i also appreciate the slow and heavy more than the fast and punky. but any set with "the bit" and " let it all be" and "eye flys" and "don't forget to breathe" in it will work just fine for me  :D

loved watching jeff and steven duel each other.
the only thing with having the two of them there is that to my ears the basses took a little too much of buzz' sonic space away. but that may sound differently in different venues of course.

what did you guys think of the sound yesterday? took a long time for the sound man to get the basses right, first 2o minutes were a distorted mess i thought...
"Pop music is for sheep. And we are shepherds disguised as wolves."
(Laibach)

buddy holiday

Quote from: surfling on October 08, 2018, 11:09:32 AM

what did you guys think of the sound yesterday? took a long time for the sound man to get the basses right, first 2o minutes were a distorted mess i thought...
yes it sounded horrible at first... i also had to adjust my earplugs a few times until all was well balanced for me.

Garnz

Quote from: surfling on October 08, 2018, 11:09:32 AM
loved watching jeff and steven duel each other.
the only thing with having the two of them there is that to my ears the basses took a little too much of buzz' sonic space away. but that may sound differently in different venues of course.

I was not sure if both bassists come over for the European show: Really looking forward to see them both. Wednesday: Yeah!
Only problem: Berghain does not allow to take any photos because it would take some of the unexpected from the dark rooms they have there for their techno parties.

ripz

jules

Quote from: ripz on October 08, 2018, 09:24:55 AM
I walked up to two groupd of two guys and asked "buddy holiday? Budspawn?". I think they thought i was selling weed. 😂
:lol: :lol:

BERZERKER

Airline tickets Bergen - Oslo is not what they used to be, I`m not spending 4000 kroner, 500 USD, to go back and forth, plus hotel, plus, plus, plus. So another lucky fella has bought my two. I really hope Melvins can break out of this rhythm, with only revisiting the same cities and venues each Euro tour. And alos play more saturdays, cause it`s easier to travel in weekends, not having to drop work days. Not complaining, but it would be a dream if they one time ended up visiting Bergen Rock City.

GiveMe45

Quote from: BERZERKER on October 11, 2018, 03:55:59 AM
Airline tickets Bergen - Oslo is not what they used to be, I`m not spending 4000 kroner, 500 USD, to go back and forth, plus hotel, plus, plus, plus. So another lucky fella has bought my two. I really hope Melvins can break out of this rhythm, with only revisiting the same cities and venues each Euro tour. And alos play more saturdays, cause it`s easier to travel in weekends, not having to drop work days. Not complaining, but it would be a dream if they one time ended up visiting Bergen Rock City.
How long is the drive between Bergen and Oslo?

BERZERKER

8 hours both ways. 450 k x2,, with everything from 60 - 80 km in speed limit. Over a mountain range, not an option at all. Snow danger too.

amazonAMAZON

Any surprises on the setlist so far?

Oscar

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on October 14, 2018, 01:48:43 PM
Any surprises on the setlist so far?

Same as the US with Rebel Girl together with Shitkid added as a closer