A dark sabbath cometh duuuuuude! HAZE XXL linocut 2018

Started by amazonAMAZON, August 29, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyg

Haze says it's a 10-inch. anyone have any idea about the music on it?

dirtmerchant

Walsby shared one of Toshis Instagram videos a while back said Sleep and Melvins involved. My guess is Sabbath covers with maybe Al from sleep singing?? That's what it sounds like in the clip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlG9L3ql_Ah/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1xmu07j6adu62

))))((((

Now this is exciting!!! To me it doesn't sound like Al in that Instagram clip although i guess it could be. Love the HAZE art there and the "Melvins" font.

Thinking out loud, i wonder if this is going to be part of that mysterious "history of rock" album project that was mentioned or whether it's just a one off 10 inch. It does seem with Melvins that the songs they put out with HAZE always end up appearing on an album later on. Like the Tres Cabrones or Basses Loaded tracks were.

glen

a small part of me is surprised anyone from MELVINS was interested in covering a Black Sabbath song.

but then again.. the almighty dollar is highly motivational.    this will sell like wildfire.

"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

amazonAMAZON

Ian, I don't know about that business of it all coming out on an album or CD. Wasn't "Alleged" on AmRep and also a covers collaborative 10" ? Or a variety of "other" collaborative covers on AmRep only vinyl ("Victoria," "Breaking Glass," "In League With Satan," and the rest of the clown series b-sides)

I appreciate that there are these vinyl only releases and I guess eventually hearing crappy rips on youtube is better than never hearing them. But I'm not really getting my hopes up. I might try to get the vinyl to own since the art is awesome and there's no guarantee it'll ever come out any other way. I'll still probably have to wait until it's on youtube or wherever to hear the damn thing.

))))((((

Quote from: glen on August 30, 2018, 09:48:23 AM
a small part of me is surprised anyone from MELVINS was interested in covering a Black Sabbath song.
I know, i thought somewhat the same. Especially a song that has been covered by many acts.

Quote from: amazonAMAZON on August 30, 2018, 09:55:16 AM
Ian, I don't know about that business of it all coming out on an album or CD. Wasn't "Alleged" on AmRep and also a covers collaborative 10" ? Or a variety of "other" collaborative covers on AmRep only vinyl ("Victoria," "Breaking Glass," "In League With Satan," and the rest of the clown series b-sides)
Yes, you are right, not ALL the Amrep stuff appears on an Ipecac release but i think there's a good chance this will. Or some of it! Usually it is more the 7"'s that tend to be their own thing. The 10"'s the band have put out have usually been album material, released earlier as an 10" EP. However you are right that this doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of future plans.

bUTTHOLEmAN

if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

))))((((

Quote from: bUTTHOLEmAN on August 30, 2018, 11:16:40 AM
Who's singing in that clip? Al? Matt?
It's definitely not Matt. It doesn't immediately sound like Al either, but after hearing it a few times it does seem like it could be him. Imitating Ozzy. If this is indeed the Sleep guys, i wonder how Matt would fit into this. The guitar sounds like Buzz alone to me so im wondering if it isn't just Buzz, Dale and Al on bass.

glen

I'm taking a stab at Al.   he's shown multiple vocal stylings over the years.
"Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care." - Richie Goodtimes

Glen. You can totally go fuck yourself. I have no idea who you are and I really don't care.
(signed) MAYNARD  JAMES  KEENAN

Stonergrunge

Damn, that vinyl is going to be sold out in less than 5 minutes, I hope Hazelmyer has plans to release it on CD as well.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.

meezer

Here's where I get my foundation for their thoughts on Ozzy/ Sabbath.  :idea:

https://youtu.be/yTo6ARxGJfA
"Get off of our stage. If you want on this stage, get in show business." -King Buzzo
"Yeah, we don't come in the 7-11 where you work and get up on the counter." -Mark D
https://soundcloud.com/meezerpocalypse/nathalie-b20-driving-force-paploviante-cyclone-open-collab-meezerpocalypse-haboob-remix

johnnyg

Quote from: Stonergrunge on August 30, 2018, 02:27:51 PM
Damn, that vinyl is going to be sold out in less than 5 minutes, I hope Hazelmyer has plans to release it on CD as well.

Is there a day/time listed for sales yet?

Stonergrunge

Quote from: johnnyg on August 31, 2018, 02:08:57 PM
Quote from: Stonergrunge on August 30, 2018, 02:27:51 PM

Is there a day/time listed for sales yet?

As far as I know, nothing yet.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love.
Foot fetishism means love, because, it's the magic of feet odor... Long live depravation.