Bangers Melvins Shitkid

Started by bUTTHOLEmAN, June 28, 2019, 09:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince furnier

Quote from: ))))(((( on August 09, 2020, 11:47:41 AM
"Get Jealous and Feels Like The Movies are two of my best songs!! I do hate Eagles Over America tho.. its old mans rock. Melvins came up with the music for that one.." - Åsa Söderqvist
:lol:
Welcome to my Nightmare!

Israeli billionaire dies during penis enlargement surgery

I'm beginning to feel better that I missed out on snagging the Bangers record when it came out, except for a cheapy CD which was included in a bundle I bought at the Melvins last trip through Portland. Honestly, I doubt if Shitkid would have ever appeared on my radar, had it not been for the "the old men" involved. So crucify me, already - no wait.... what is that dumb-ass term the kids like to use these days? Oh yeah, "cancel". What the fuck ever....  :P

johnnyg

Is there any place where i can read the "buzzkill" zine?

))))((((

Quote from: johnnyg on August 10, 2020, 03:36:43 PM
Is there any place where i can read the "buzzkill" zine?
Same here. Even if it is total bullshit, i still want to read it!

Seems like the best place to read it would be in the outhouse, since Sears doesn't print catalogs anymore....

johnnyg

I got a copy of the 'Buzzkill' zine. I'd only pay the $15 or so to get it if you are a mega fan, but it is an interesting read. Here's my opinion.

https://www.punknews.org/review/17306/shitkid-buzzkill-zine

))))((((

Quote from: johnnyg on September 10, 2020, 10:14:37 AM
I got a copy of the 'Buzzkill' zine. I'd only pay the $15 or so to get it if you are a mega fan, but it is an interesting read. Here's my opinion.

That was a very compelling and intriguing evaluation of the zine. Im pretty desperate to read all this but im glad that it doesn't sound so much like an act of mudslinging from either side. More of a firmly held disagreement from both.

jules

Quote from: johnnyg on September 10, 2020, 10:14:37 AM

"Solomonic"   =D>

amazonAMAZON

Great piece. Thank you, Johnny.

dead mike

I hope that whatever money Shitkid gets from selling collections of personal SMS messages with Buzz is enough to offset revenues foregone from developing a reputation as a touring partner who will publish personal SMS messages with their headliners just to embarrass them. I don't know anything the indie rock touring circuit, but I imagine it's a very small world indeed.
Can you all shut your damn cocks for one second? Music is the only thing that's real in this queef world of dildo ass chodes.

- hemispheres

spunkmonkey

Agreed DM.

So is this the timeline?

Melvins/Shitkid make a split ep > creative/philosophical differences from promotional art > Shitkid dropped from tour > Melvins stiff them > Shitkid publishes zine of private messages to recoup money

I find it hard to believe that the Melvins would stiff any artist/band. Is this about the money Shitkid lost from being dropped from the tour?

bUTTHOLEmAN

Quote from: spunkmonkey on September 10, 2020, 05:15:10 PM

I find it hard to believe that the Melvins would stiff any artist/band. Is this about the money Shitkid lost from being dropped from the tour?
It seems like a misunderstanding- here's my reasoning: Asa mentions that the original deal was for 200 records. It was 200 one variant, plus 100 another variant, and a final variant for 100. This was the 'normal' release, 400 total. I'm assuming she was paid 50/50 for this deal. It seems the misunderstanding started when she saw the Mackie versions for the art show, that included a print of the naked clown girl. These were put out in low amounts (10-60?) and probably came from the initial run. If she was paid for the initial run, she wouldn't get paid a second time for the 'mackie' versions. Maybe she thought these came from a new printing? That she didn't get a split from?
if you CALL ME ON MY CELLY
i'll LET YOU RUB ME BELLY!

"I can push over twelve year old girls easy." - Fart
kill yr idols
emperors wear no clothes
"We don't have alot of information right now, but for all we know monkeys might fly out of my butt"- rictus

spunkmonkey

GrimReaper

3.333% of the limited art ShitKid is upset about. Is it because they didn't get paid? The name ShitKid is on the artwork.

It seems to be more about depicting a woman's body naked, but that's art. Upon detailed inspection of the artwork pictured, it looks like an art class project repurposed.

The name "ShitKid" is inappropriate around minors, so call it even.

))))((((

Just read the Buzzkill zine. You know what i didn't expect this, but i kinda agree with Shitkid here. Not that Buzz isn't in the right in parts because he definitely is. But i think they (Lina in particular) expressed their thoughts fairly well and it was clear why they didn't want the image used even if (personally) i don't see anything wrong with it myself. They could have worded their disapproval a little better but i think their intention was there and actually quite reasonable. Buzz didn't approach this or respond to it very well at all i think. I can totally see what he was saying and why he said what he did. It makes sense and how it wasn't himself who was responsible. All very sound common sense there. But i don't see why he couldn't be a little more accommodating of the girls perspective even if he considered it wrong or stupid. The cancellation of Shitkid touring with the band seemed to come out of the blue a bit. At least from the correspondence that was said prior. But at the same time i can see how after a bit of back and forth like that, any band might have serious reservations about hanging out and putting up with another whom may pose problems together. Shitkid REALLY shouldn't have made this zine and gone public with it. But truly as a Melvins fan im glad they did! Fascinating insight.